One day before WWDC and no really good leaks or photos.

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I'm talking new hardware here. That is the rumored new Macs. I've yet to see one leaked picture or even a description that seems valid of the new hardware. That is pretty amazing if you ask me especially considering past new hardware releases.

Hopefully I will be up in time tomorrow to see everything unfold. All we have is a few questionable spec sheets but little solid info especially with respect to the desktop line up. This seems like their best attempt yet at keeping secrets.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

"We want to double down on security." And good for them.

We didn't see pictures of the iPhone OS 3.2 on the first iPad until the day before launch. We didn't see the back panel until an HOUR before the keynote. We've (apparently) seen iOS 6 screenshots days ago, so all that is left is the bare piece of aluminum that makes up the new unibody design. If it exists, that is.

• Reply 2 of 6
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    "We want to double down on security." And good for them.
    I'm not sure it is good for them. A few weeks a couple of days before a keynote generates a lot of buzz.
    We didn't see pictures of the iPhone OS 3.2 on the first iPad until the day before launch. We didn't see the back panel until an HOUR before the keynote. We've (apparently) seen iOS 6 screenshots days ago, so all that is left is the bare piece of aluminum that makes up the new unibody design. If it exists, that is.

I'm actually wondering if we might see the end of unibody. At least a CNC'ed unibody chassis.
  • Reply 3 of 6

Thanks for provide a nice information about wwdc, Really very great forum and post.

• Reply 4 of 6
    bergermeisterbergermeister Posts: 6,784member

I miss the days of elevator photos.  Those were good times.

With the number of announcements that look to be on the platform, it is amazing that more hasn't come to light.  Hats off to Apple for their efforts in this, and may they make all of us happily surprised with their announcements.  Of course, some people will be "highly disappointed" and the like, but they can never be pleased.

• Reply 5 of 6
    bergermeisterbergermeister Posts: 6,784member

9to5 Mac just posted specs for the MacBook Airs and the retina MacBook Pros.  Looking interesting...

Apple Store is down, with a new sign (is it new?).

Just about 2 hours to go...

• Reply 6 of 6
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

9to5 Mac just posted specs for the MacBook Airs and the retina MacBook Pros.  Looking interesting...

There's no indication they're from Mr. X (so no proof of anything), and they say the Mac Pro will still use the same graphics cards, which is exactly what you do when you don't want anyone to buy the product for any reason at any time.