Macmall discount for AppleIndiser .. exists only in paper...or .. Not in all cases

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014

I tried to place an oder for Macbook Pro Retina display 15". The price with Apple insder code is 2118+. Then it offers the add ons and parallels for mac which is free after rebate. And here is the catch. If you add any add on (such as 16gb ram for $210 which is $10 higher than Apple.com) or if you add paralles (which suppose to be free after rebate), the Appleinsder discount just goes away, the final price is the the price they actually have in the site for anyone (which is 2194).

So, to get the discount from Appleinsider, you will have to give up any addons, and the $49.99 parallels. Just to let eveyone know. I see misleading PR everyday, so its not surprising at all that MacMall wont try this. These sites always place their years of business on the table to mislead customers everyday. Just dont believe everything you see.

Btw, I tried to contact MacMall 4 times to address this issue, everytime they stopped talking :). They know what they are doing. here are few of the chatt logs:

Chat Content:

[email protected]: [2:30:45 PM] Hello mrzsz. My name is Joel, extension 34486. I'll be glad to assist you. Kindly give me a second to check on your question.

mrzsz: [2:30:45 PM] checkout and Appleinsder discount

[email protected]: [2:30:54 PM] Hi mrzsz, how may I help you

mrzsz: [2:31:08 PM] well, this is strange

[2:31:22 PM] i have a code from appleinsider and i was trying to place an order

[email protected]: [2:31:54 PM] You should come directly from Appleinsider and once you check out, the price is automatically adjusted.

mrzsz: [2:32:11 PM] i did

[2:32:32 PM] it showed a msg... the price will be adjusted in checkout

[2:32:59 PM] but when i went to the the page "place order" it still showing full price.

[2:33:07 PM] not sure what I am doing wrong

[2:34:36 PM] the price was not automatically adjusted

[2:35:51 PM] hello

[2:36:48 PM] anyone.......

[2:38:53 PM] strange...

Chat Content:

abuenavi: [2:38:45 PM] Hello. My name is Andy and my ext number is 27221. I’ll be happy to help you. Please give me a second to check on your question.

[2:39:03 PM] Hi. How can I help you?

mrzsz: [2:40:08 PM] hello

[2:40:19 PM] let me paste the conversation i was having

[2:40:23 PM] Chat Content:

[email protected]: [2:30:45 PM] Hello mrzsz. My name is Joel, extension 34486. I'll be glad to assist you. Kindly give me a second to check on your question.

mrzsz: [2:30:45 PM] checkout

[email protected]: [2:30:54 PM] Hi mrzsz how may I help?

mrzsz : [2:31:08 PM] well, this is strange

[2:31:22 PM] i have a code from appleinsider and i was trying to place an order

[email protected]: [2:31:54 PM] You should come directly from Appleinsider and once you check out, the price is automatically adjusted.

mrzsz: [2:32:11 PM] i did

[2:32:32 PM] it showed a msg... the price will be adjusted in checkout

[2:32:59 PM] but when i went to the the page "place order" it still showing full price.

[2:33:07 PM] not sure what I am doing wrong

[2:34:36 PM] the price was not automatically adjusted

[2:35:51 PM] hello

[2:36:48 PM] anyone.......

[2:42:45 PM] hello

[2:42:54 PM] anyone :)

[2:44:01 PM] this is getting interesting.....

Good luck everyone. Just to let you know whats going on. Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1

I ran into the same problem as you, I want to upgrade the ram since you can't later on.  I contacted macmall through phone and they said they could give me the discount over the phone but the problem is I want to use paypal to pay for it, and they can't do that over the phone, supposedly they're going to talk to the technical support dept. to get this fixed, and hopefully they do.