Dozens of threads missposted in Genius Bar root level

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014

There are dozens of threads being posted in the root folder of the Genius Bar forum that should be in other forums, mostly General Discussion.

I flagged about 10 or 15 of them a few weeks ago and received a PM from a certain Mod to "please stop".

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    dcsimages wrote: »
    I flagged about 10 or 15 of them a few weeks ago and received a PM from a certain Mod to "please stop".

Yeah, because what good does it do? These reports just fill the queue and get in the way of spam and real problems. You've done the right thing here by bringing it up as a thread.

Hopefully one of the higher-higher-higher ups will see this and address it. We can only move the posts, which doesn't solve the problem. The bot has to be told not to post them there on the back end.
  • Reply 2 of 3

Someone can continue to move the threads as they're reported while a solution is found to the problem.

Right now it's just filling up the wrong forum and, for those who don't look in the root folder of Genius Bar, it's causing to them miss seeing threads that may interest them.

• Reply 3 of 3

Still going on and more than half of the new posts in Genius Bar are off topic.

I'm going to start flagging again as it seems to be the only way to get anything done.