MACBOOK PRO won't get past "grey apple" load screen.

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014

I've recently been having issues with my power cable. When plugging it in, it won't charge. So I figure the adapter needs to be replaced.

I had my iphone charging today, and for whatever reason my phone would not back up. It said there was another souce already open and syncing, or something to that effect.

So I unplugged my phone, and deleted some old movie files with CLEAN MY MAC program, and went to restart my computer.

Since then, I've been stuck on the grey apple screen with the loading circle going round and round.

I've tried booting in safe mode and that doesn't work. Unless I'm doing it wrong.

I press Command "S" and then it just sits on the black screen with a bunch of technical stuff...

Everything was working fine up until the last couple days when my power cable started going all nuts. I was going to replace it today, just stopped in to work, and then this booting issue happen.

I'm very new to forums and such. I tried doing some searches and nothing came up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jenn

I'm running Leopard 10.5 I think.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    omegaomega Posts: 427member

Are you able to post any info on where the "technical stuff" stalls?  

From memory when you boot in safe mode it also enters verbose mode which is what is showing you all the boot information.  From this it may give us more info on what the issue is/maybe.