iOS 6 beta hard to downgrade from

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014

I've hade a problem downgrading iOS 6 on a 5th gen 32gb black iPod touch it got stuck on the spinning loading icon forever. I  hade to restore it a few times then realized could not restore from backup due to the downgrade hade corrupted my back up to where it gets froze on the loading spinning thing. with the iOS 6 beta i hade beta 1 on it things like my images that were already on iPod would no longer be able to show up unless re taken and more noticed the new maps also isn't so accurate , somethings don't appear on it yet like the new  mall here. Has anyone else hade these problems with the iOS 6 beta or any new types of problems with the betas of iOS 6?

p.s. I think apple should keep google maps some like at least the mapping data then combine it with there new features like turn by turn and more, due to google maps is accurate and has almost everything you could ever see in person or want to search for especially google earth it can pull up pretty much anything, the new apple maps has not yet got as accurate as google maps is.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,324moderator
    the new apple maps has not yet got as accurate as google maps is.

If they can cache the vector maps for large regions, they would be much more useful though. There is little point in having turn-by-turn when you don't have network access unless you cache the maps somewhere. Google Maps would waste too much space but a vector map region can be stored efficiently. It saves burning through 3G data and it saves the battery.

They use TomTom and OpenStreetMap, which is what a lot of other services are based on. You can tell OpenStreetMap about the new mall.