Best way to introduce new idea to Apple?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014

Seriously....this will be the biggest new product since the computer. Who do I contact?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    windstarwindstar Posts: 2member

...and ofc I timed the posting perfectly @ 11:11......*rolls eyes and mutters skyward.

• Reply 2 of 7

Well, the best way seems to be to start your OWN business to develop the idea, create a product, market and sell it.

If it truly shows promise, then Apple will either sue you for patent infringement and claim the idea was theirs originally... or buy your "new" business and all it's products and patents outright, making it (and your soul) theirs for all time. ;)

But really, that seems to be how Apple (and others!) obtain new products/ideas that didn't come from their own brain-trust.

• Reply 3 of 7

This is a very important post.  If I had a new ingenious new idea for a product that might be good for Apple, how would one communicate the idea safely to them?

Would you have to spend a lot on attorney fees to protect your idea first?

Would it be better to show it to someone else first?

Apple doesn't have a website to accept comments about future products we dream up. 

• Reply 4 of 7

If you're serious about this and you prefer not to develop the product yourself then you should contact an attorney and have a non-disclosure agreement (NDA) developed. Afterward, you can contact Apple product development and have them sign the NDA before discussing your idea.

You need to have this product fully developed on paper... in fact, it would be better if you had a prototype developed for the pitch... which is what I'm assuming you have in mind.

As for how to actually contact Apple's product development department, that information can be found via Google.

You also might want to research business/product proposals and common practices.

Hope this helps ;)

Chase

• Reply 5 of 7

These big companies don't give a sh*t about "new ideas" if you're not working for them. Like others have stated the best way for them to pay attention to you is to start your own business using your ideas. If they're good/ profitable enough they'll probably buy your businesses. 

• Reply 6 of 7
    marvfoxmarvfox Posts: 2,275member

These big companies care about making tons of money for themselves and could not care one iota about their customers.I agree with you.It is a joke coming out with new modifications every couple of months.

• Reply 7 of 7

Quote:

Originally Posted by JupiterDoc View Post

Apple doesn't have a website to accept comments about future products we dream up. 

Www.apple.com/feedback

but as I recall the terms of use basically say that anything you submit via said site you are giving Apple ownership. 

So if you want to make any money etc the person that said do it and maybe Apple will buy it off you is 'on the money' so to speak.