No Refurbished Mac deals in Australian apple store

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014

Just went to purchase a refurb 27" iMac that i have had my eye on for a while, have been waiting for new line-up to see a price drop but couldn't wait.

I know that stock of refurbished models varies but there are no iMac, MacBook AIr/Pro or Mac Mini, Mac Pro, Displays nothing. Zero stock items in the Refurbished Mac Section. As I have frequently looked at the refurb section i know about stock changes but have never before seen it entirely empty. Does this mean perhaps the new iMac range is upon us and the refurb pricing is being lowered.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    No, it means there aren't any refurbs right now. There should be later today. Keep refreshing the page.
  • Reply 2 of 3

I was just wondering, how would you rate the life and performance of a refurbished model? I mean, I know it is cheaper, but aren't you setting yourself up with a larger loss in the long run?

• Reply 3 of 3
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    I was just wondering, how would you rate the life and performance of a refurbished model? I mean, I know it is cheaper, but aren't you setting yourself up with a larger loss in the long run?

Why? Everything broken is replaced. All damage is fixed. They're tested harder than new models.