Question for anyone with a rMBP and Boot Camp, trying to convert a long time Windows user.

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014

Hey all, I've been trying to convince one of my friends to get a rMBP to replace his aging HP laptop. He's never had a mac before, and I been trying to convince him for years to get one. I  finally have him almost convinced to get the rMBP, but for his major, he needs to have access to Windows as well. He plans on using Parallels for some of his work, but also may want to use bootcamp. He's worried because he has no plans to use W8, and wants to stick with W7, and is worried about what windows looks like. For those of you who have W7 on your rMBP, can you please tell me what it looks like whenever you are booted into windows natively and using 1440x900, 1680x1050, and 1920x1200. He wants to know if everything is fuzzy from the last two resolutions, and more importantly if it looks like crap or not. Video or screenshots would be nice, but any input would be good.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2

Just got a Retina Macbook Pro, and I'll be using Windows 7 mostly on it. Unfortunately, the resolutions at 1920x1200 and 1680x1050 do look a little bit fuzzy, but it isnt that bad to work with. 

If you use the native resolution of the Retina Display, applications and text is very small, but extremely sharp and easy to see. So, for me, I'm fine with it, but that might be a deal breaker for him. 

• Reply 2 of 2

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterz1337 View Post

Hey all, I've been trying to convince one of my friends to get a rMBP to replace his aging HP laptop. He's never had a mac before, and I been trying to convince him for years to get one. I  finally have him almost convinced to get the rMBP, but for his major, he needs to have access to Windows as well. He plans on using Parallels for some of his work, but also may want to use bootcamp. He's worried because he has no plans to use W8, and wants to stick with W7, and is worried about what windows looks like. For those of you who have W7 on your rMBP, can you please tell me what it looks like whenever you are booted into windows natively and using 1440x900, 1680x1050, and 1920x1200. He wants to know if everything is fuzzy from the last two resolutions, and more importantly if it looks like crap or not. Video or screenshots would be nice, but any input would be good.

Why not use Parallels instead?