Can not watch video on iPhone

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014

I filmed a video using my iPhone.  I went back to watch it and it said Can Not play the video.  Has this problem happened to anybody, or anybody know of way around it?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8

Then it's a Flash or Silverlight video. The way around it is to not watch the video, not visit the site, and then they either make their videos in proper formats or they go under.

• Reply 2 of 8

I went into the camera app that comes with the iPhone and shot a video.  When I open the video, it says, Cannot Open.  I have no idea why.  

The video was long, maybe just over an hour.  I do not think that would affect anything though.

I would believe this is not a flash or silverlight issue.

• Reply 3 of 8
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by MatthewGavin View Post

I went into the camera app that comes with the iPhone and shot a video.  When I open the video, it says, Cannot Open.  I have no idea why.

Well, I'm an idiot. I don't know WHAT I was reading there.

The video was long, maybe just over an hour.  I do not think that would affect anything though.

I think that might be why, though. Export it to your computer and try to play it there. 

• Reply 4 of 8

iPhoto says the video is unreadable and it does not show up in iMovie.

oh well...

• Reply 5 of 8

iPhoto says the video is unreadable and it does not show up in iMovie.

oh well...

Is it jailbroken? Or even if not, you might be able to drag the file straight out of the filesystem using an application.

• Reply 6 of 8

It is not jailbroken.

I tried dragging it out of iPhoto to my desktop, but it would not let me.

I tried sending it to YouTube, but it seemed to freeze the Photo app on the phone.  

• Reply 7 of 8

It is not jailbroken.

I tried dragging it out of iPhoto to my desktop, but it would not let me.

I tried sending it to YouTube, but it seemed to freeze the Photo app on the phone.  

There's an application, used to be called iPhone Explorer, that should let you see a treed menu of the files and folders on your iPhone. Find it, download it, and see if you can just rip the file out like that.

Ah, here it is. iExplorer now. For whatever reason.

• Reply 8 of 8

Still won't work.

I'll just try to film the experiment again one day soon.  Thanks for your help.