iBook Power Adapter

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I was wondering if the old "yo-yo" style iBook power adapters are compatible with the new iBooks. They are both rated to 45W.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    ? call Apple and ask

? find a friend who has two iBooks.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    [quote]Originally posted by Defiant:

<strong>? call Apple and ask

? find a friend who has two iBooks. </strong><hr></blockquote>

I'm probably going down to the Apple Store this week so I'll just plug it into one of their iBooks and hope for the best

Or I guess i could ask those people they call "geniuses"
  • Reply 3 of 6
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    yep, good idea.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    It should work. Since all Dual-USB iBooks can use the new ones I'm guessing that the yo-yo adapters that came with the 500MHz iBooks would work. Unless of course you're talking about older yo-yo adapters, then I don't know.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    currently writing this on a 500Mhz iceBook plugged into a "Powerbook G4 Power Adapter" saucer (m7332).

works, yep... but a few caveats

Size/portability:

the saucer is way larger than the compact iBook adapter it shipped with (MIA)

additionally, the "g4" connection plug that jacks into the side of the iBook does not have the colour ring indicating orange or green as the original iBook plug has.

the fit is also not quite as snug, and i once came back to find it discharged and asleep despite apparently being plugged in (just a hair loose)... more reason to have indicator light in the plug to confirm connection

ymmv
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Well, i asked the people at the apple store and they said no. The new adapters are 65W and the yo-yo is 45W... ...oh well