WSJ: Apple in talks to build internet radio service

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Could be a good way for Apple to ensure their integration into the cars of the near future with streaming custom digital radio... for free, with Apple purchase of course.

I like your thinking. I do hope Apple makes the experience in the car better.
  • Reply 22 of 28
    Okay the betting pool is open. How long before WSJ posts that there are delays
  • Reply 23 of 28

I feel like Pandora has been adding more and more commercials, to the point it feels like every time I interact with the iPhone app, they play an ad. What's the point of internet streaming radio if it's exactly the same as over-the-air radio, and in some cases worse?

I hope Apple enters this market to add some competition to the mix. It'll hopefully benefit consumers and the music industry.

• Reply 24 of 28

I really like my Spotify service (USA), but if Apple offered a similar service I'd be all over it.

• Reply 25 of 28

Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

Okay the betting pool is open. How long before WSJ posts that there are delays

I say not until after the event where it, surprise surprise, didn't show up.

• Reply 26 of 28

I'm all ears when this becomes available.

• Reply 27 of 28

I'm totally down with this as long as they don't add it to the bloated feature list of iTunes.app.   iTunes.app is too larded up with unrelated features already - eg, why do I want my music player also responsible for syncing contacts with my phone?

• Reply 28 of 28

Originally Posted by audioinside View Post

I'm totally down with this as long as they don't add it to the bloated feature list of iTunes.app.

iTunes.app is too larded up with unrelated features already - eg, why do I want my music player also responsible for syncing contacts with my phone?

Everything in iTunes makes sense to be there. You want to open nine applications to get everything synced?