iPad 3 not getting panorama!

Posted:
in iPad edited January 2014

http://www.apple.com/ios/whats-new/

right at the bottom, small print 6.

Not happy about that, it's not like the iPad 3 doesn't have the power.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    /fail

I was trying to find where the heck it is. Another mystery. YouTube is gone, maps are ok, no panorama. This drummer Cook really plays weird bit. Who would expect that best tablet on a market will fall behind average phone.
  • Reply 2 of 3

YouTube is not included in iOS 6 anymore because of a legal dispute between Google and Apple it's not Apple's choice, so now Google is going to make the YouTube app which you can download from the App Store. Maps depends on where you are, you don't get turn by turn navigation in every country and you don't even get the custom Apple cartography in places like China, probably due to legal registration problem etc. Panorama I was expecting for it on my iPad 3 too but it's not there I guess they just didn't think the iPad is that great of a camera. 

• Reply 3 of 3

Originally Posted by Damon Lam View Post

YouTube is not included in iOS 6 anymore because of a legal dispute between Google and Apple…

No, one of them just didn't renew the contract.

…it's not Apple's choice…

We don't know that.

…you don't even get the custom Apple cartography in places like China, probably due to legal registration problem etc.

Very possibly, but also possibly because they just don't have that data yet.