Padded cases for iPhones

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014

Does anyone find it ironic that Apple continually makes the iPhone and iPad sleeker, slimmer and lighter and then we buy padded, bulky, clumsy cases to carry them in to protect them? That negates the esthetic value of the iGadget that Apple is striving for.

Can anyone tell me the logic in Apples manic attempts to make products just a bit smaller each iteration?  I get the impression that it won't end until they are the size of a credit card. At last, we can forget about cases.

Wait. I forgot about implants. Pull your earlobe to speak. Wait. That's too much work. Just think 'Speak'.

At last, perfection, Apple.  No?  What else do you have in mind for the future?  Telepathy? Can you make that work, Apple?  Would we then need padded helmets to protect communication ability? Back to square one.

Please forgive the sarcasm.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,441moderator
    I think it's good in that adding a case doesn't make the device unwieldy. Wrapping an Otterbox round an iPhone 2G makes a chunky little phone:

[IMG ALT=""]http://forums.appleinsider.com/content/type/61/id/12447/width/500/height/1000[/IMG]

I saw this as more of a problem with the iPhone 4 series because of the glass back. I don't think we'll see as much case usage with the iPhone 5 given that it has a solid metal back. That may depend on the scratch tests but other metal phones have held up well in scratch tests.

I also wonder where it will end though. They'll have to hit the limits of battery tech and just stop shrinking it. I suspect this iPhone 5 design will stick around for a while.
  • Reply 2 of 2

If you are looking for a Padded cases for your iPhone then start online shopping and go on Apple store or ebay and for sure they are sell in discounted price.