MacBook Pro/Firefox/Google Search Issues..??

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014

My first posting here....so I hope I'm not out of line.... I have a problem that's more annoying than anything but I'd like to get it resolved. Any help would be appreciated.

I have a MacBook Pro 2.33 Intel Core 2 Duo running 10.7.4. I use Firefox 15.0.1 as my browser and occasionally I use Camino (2.0.7)

In the past month or so, I've been having issues using the Google search function. Here's what happens-

I open a new tab to do a search.

I type in what I'm looking for in the box in the search box in the upper right hand corner of Firefox.

When I hit return to do the search I get the Firefox warning page that says the site is untrusted or can't be verified.

If I click on one of my book marked pages... I go straight to it... but if I try to search by typing something again, I get the same page.

It happens no matter WHAT I type... BUT... if change the search engine to Yahoo or Bing in the pull down box... I get the pages that I'm looking for.

It'll do this for consecutive searches and then all of a sudden... it's working like it's supposed to. Sometimes I have to reboot in order to get back to normal.

It does happen occasionally in Camino and Safari, but it seems to be more frequent when using Firefox.... maybe because I use it more?..?..

It's intermittent but it seems like it's becoming more and more frequent.

I'm really baffled by it all and getting a kinda frustrated because I don't know if it's a problem with my laptop...or Firefox....

Thanks

Serge

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    marvfoxmarvfox Posts: 2,275member

Use the latest Firefox and see what happens from there. I use it now and never had a problem with Google.

• Reply 2 of 3

....according to the "About Firefox" pull down ...I'm up to date...

• Reply 3 of 3
    marvfoxmarvfox Posts: 2,275member

Maybe you should reinstall the Firefox completely and see what happens again.