tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by dmfett View Post

Is Apple ever going to ship out the new iPod Touch 5 

Nope. image

They said October...wonder  when...

Maybe the 10th…

• Reply 2 of 14
    dmfettdmfett Posts: 141member

Have not seen a story on Appleinsider as to why its being delayed, in fact its been forgotten since the announcement...

• Reply 3 of 14

Have not seen a story on Appleinsider as to why its being delayed, in fact its been forgotten since the announcement...

Seems to be a touchy subject among many. image

Basically, "Who says it has been delayed? Apple could have always planned to skip Ivy Bridge for their desktops."

• Reply 4 of 14

Who's said its a touchy subject?

I say its delayed as apple told me they have no idea when it will be shipped...I know one thing I will not pay the card charge if I do not get it before the bill is due..

Ok Appleinsider...do a story on this subject and let us know!

• Reply 5 of 14

I say its delayed as apple told me they have no idea when it will be shipped...

Wait, you called them and this is what they said?! 

• Reply 6 of 14

It was supposed to ship in October since the announcement. It was definitely not delayed, I looked into it the minute it was available for pre-order.

• Reply 7 of 14

I called and asked when it would ship since its now October and the apple gal said they were not told a ship date and I would get an e-mail as I was told when I placed the order,,,the apple gal was clueless on when as apple never tells their people...

• Reply 8 of 14

I called and asked when it would ship… …and the apple gal said they were not told a ship date…

Interesting; thanks for that. I would have assumed they'd be able to give you a ballpark, at least. I suppose hang in there with the rest of them. 

• Reply 9 of 14

I am with you as a ball park time would help...I will wait to see when it shows up and I will call in 2 weeks again if it does not arrive and I bet they will say the same answer...I bet they are still making them and no where ready to ship and it will arrive in November or December...hope I am wrong...

• Reply 10 of 14

Reporting in on 10-8-12

When I called Apple today checking the gal say "The iPod touch 5 has not been released for shipping yet and there is no date for when it will ship"

So are they having problems making them or something else?

• Reply 11 of 14
    dmfett wrote: »
    Reporting in on 10-8-12

When I called Apple today checking the gal say "The iPod touch 5 has not been released for shipping yet and there is no date for when it will ship"

So are they having problems making them or something else?

Why do you assume this? Apple said October. They have always said October. They could ship on Halloween, and they still wouldn't be delayed.

Patience, grasshopper.
  • Reply 12 of 14

Because there have been no stories about the iPod's since the announcement.

No news at all!

• Reply 13 of 14

Quote:

Because there have been no stories about the iPod's since the announcement.

No news at all!

Well, there you go. Good news today, and it came much earlier than expected. Happy now?

• Reply 14 of 14

How right you are...should be here on 10-15-12 as Apple said and  FedEx is the shipper!!!   

:)