No "announcement of the announcement" for the iPad mini today?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014

Hmmmm.  The rumor was that Apple would be sending out invites today to the supposed iPad Mini event, rumored to be Oct 17.  All the rumor sites are silent.  I was hoping there was some accuracy to those rumors!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8

lol.

• Reply 2 of 8
    allenbfallenbf Posts: 993member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

lol.

I knew you'd like that one ;-)

• Reply 3 of 8
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member

It is getting a little old, all this waiting for something we aren't even sure is coming.   That includes iPad Mini and the new Mac Mini.

Quote:

Originally Posted by allenbf View Post

Hmmmm.  The rumor was that Apple would be sending out invites today to the supposed iPad Mini event, rumored to be Oct 17.  All the rumor sites are silent.  I was hoping there was some accuracy to those rumors!

• Reply 4 of 8
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    I'm pretty sure they leave it until the weekend before the invites go out but Apple reads all these rumours so they probably shuffle the dates around on purpose. That's what I'd do. What we really have to do is start predicting the wrong dates and try and drive them to launch when we really expect.

So, I reckon this event is going to happen on the 24th of October and will only see the release of an iPad Mini. Gee, I hope Apple doesn't release an iPad Mini, a redesigned iMac, a Mac Mini and a 13" rMBP next Wednesday and proves me wrong.

Your move, Apple.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    What is Wednesday now, the new Tuesday?

You know iPad Mini doesn't bother me as much as the lack of new Macs. The problem with the Macs is that these long drawn out delays just adds fuel to the fire. The fire that says Apple doesn't give a damn about the desktop.

Further if they don't move on new Macs soon they will be screwed come holiday shopping season. Could you imagine a launch in November with limited availability?
    Marvin wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure they leave it until the weekend before the invites go out but Apple reads all these rumours so they probably shuffle the dates around on purpose. That's what I'd do. What we really have to do is start predicting the wrong dates and try and drive them to launch when we really expect.
    So, I reckon this event is going to happen on the 24th of October and will only see the release of an iPad Mini. Gee, I hope Apple doesn't release an iPad Mini, a redesigned iMac, a Mac Mini and a 13" rMBP next Wednesday and proves me wrong.
    Your move, Apple.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    allenbfallenbf Posts: 993member

Quote:

Originally Posted by wizard69 View Post

What is Wednesday now, the new Tuesday?

You know iPad Mini doesn't bother me as much as the lack of new Macs. The problem with the Macs is that these long drawn out delays just adds fuel to the fire. The fire that says Apple doesn't give a damn about the desktop.

Further if they don't move on new Macs soon they will be screwed come holiday shopping season. Could you imagine a launch in November with limited availability?

You make a good point, they have already missed the back to school crowds.

• Reply 7 of 8

Originally Posted by allenbf View Post

You make a good point, they have already missed the back to school crowds.

No, that was in June-August. Kids have been in school for months now; they're not missing anything right now.

• Reply 8 of 8

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

No, that was in June-August. Kids have been in school for months now; they're not missing anything right now.

I have 2 kids, both started back to school in September.  I wasn't in the market for a Mac for them, but if I had been, the Sept "deadline" for the new Macs would have been perfect.