SSH connections

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I logged into my machine (Jag.) yesterday and was disconnected. When I run "w" it shows that I am still connected (in addition to the connection I am using now). I need to know how to disconnect a user. Here's what I get:

[*my IP address*:~] drumbug1% w

1:11PM up 4 days, 5:46, 3 users, load averages: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

USER TTY FROM LOGIN@ IDLE WHAT

drumbug1 co - Thu07PM 17:38 -

drumbug1 p0 sousa2.bands.uiu Thu02PM 22:37 -

drumbug1 p1 nev-mac05.sites. 1:04PM 0 -

[*my IP address*:~] drumbug1%

I want to disconnet "p0." If anyone knows how to do this please let me know. I want to know how to do this without restarting (I realize that restarting will do the trick). If this has been asked before, then I apologize.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    imudimud Posts: 140member
    Ok when I need to disconnect people from my unix server i do a ps get the process # of their shell then do a kill -9 their_process_id_number

pid numbers are sequential so you want to kill the smaller one or you will just knock yourself off
  • Reply 2 of 3
    [quote]Originally posted by iMud:

<strong>Ok when I need to disconnect people from my unix server i do a ps get the process # of their shell then do a kill -9 their_process_id_number

pid numbers are sequential so you want to kill the smaller one or you will just knock yourself off</strong><hr></blockquote>

No dice. I think it is because the user ("me" at another computer) is no longer actually connected (and so has no processes to list?). Anybody else have any ideas?
  • Reply 3 of 3
    wmfwmf Posts: 1,164member
    If you're connected, then there must be a process. Do a "ps aux" and look for processes that are on TTY p0.