im pissed about powerbooks

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
1. I would buy a powerbook today (or even 2) if apple offered the same graphics cards you can get in a pc. I?m not even asking for some super new technology, all I want is for apple to step up to the competition and offer what I can get in a dell or something. Why can't apple keep up with the times and stop offering old vidcards?

2. And why do they have to look down on gaming. Ever single Apple employee does not take gaming seriously. If Apple did I would guaranty that there market share would jump 1-3 point in 3 years if not sooner (from 5 percent).

I went to the game developer?s conference (gdc) this year and I saw dell laptops with geforce 4 Togo and Quadro Togo vidcards in them. Given that the powerbook is no longer the most powerful graphic laptop I can buy for the same money.

3. (Off topic) why wasn't apple at the GDC. WTF is wrong with them, ever one else in the world was there, and it is only a few miles away. While I was up there I spoke with an apple employee and he was like games? Who gives a #%@#! Even though games sales will surpass movies sales in the next 5-10 years.

4. I want the powerbook to be about power. Not have "sex" (thank you Steve) if not call it the sexbook.

jc

[ 04-24-2002: Message edited by: jcrsantiago ]</p>

Comments