ANGRY AT APPLE- The New iPad is now out of date? WTF?

Posted:
in iPad edited January 2014
Hi all,

I was hoping that you guys could help. I've brought an iPad 3 in march and now it's out of date with apple introducing a new 4th gen iPad.

I'm upset as there were rumours before the iPad 3 came out that their may be an iPad 4 in autumn and I was convince that apple said no. Or at least said it was the year of the new iPad? However I'm now struggling to find the evidence to prove this?

Can anyone else remember/recall any information as I want to put a case across to apple how they have made my iPad top spec version out of date within 6 months thinking it was ok and nots to worry about any 4th gen version.

Anyone else angry?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    Did the one you have suddenly quit working?
    ... or does it still do exactly what it did when you bought it?
  • Reply 2 of 10

Here's something by which I live. It's really handy. And every once in a while, I have to still tell it to myself. But it always rings true:

TECH CHANGES. GET OVER IT. image

• Reply 3 of 10
    banchobancho Posts: 1,517member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strandman View Post

... I want to put a case across to apple how they have made my iPad top spec version out of date within 6 months thinking it was ok and nots to worry about any 4th gen version.

Seriously? 

• Reply 4 of 10
    muppetrymuppetry Posts: 3,331member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strandman View Post

Hi all,

I was hoping that you guys could help. I've brought an iPad 3 in march and now it's out of date with apple introducing a new 4th gen iPad.

I'm upset as there were rumours before the iPad 3 came out that their may be an iPad 4 in autumn and I was convince that apple said no. Or at least said it was the year of the new iPad? However I'm now struggling to find the evidence to prove this?

Can anyone else remember/recall any information as I want to put a case across to apple how they have made my iPad top spec version out of date within 6 months thinking it was ok and nots to worry about any 4th gen version.

Anyone else angry?

I also have an iPad 3, and I cannot imagine how I am going to survive the social stigma of it not being the latest version. The inevitable and well-deserved ridicule for owning a device with an A5 processor will be absolutely unbearable. I will sue Apple, or maybe become a monk.

• Reply 5 of 10
    I've still got the thinnest full-sized iPad ever, yay! :)
  • Reply 6 of 10
    Just do what this guy did...

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/apple
  • Reply 7 of 10
    bamabama Posts: 2member

Hello,

I also purchased a iPad 3 Sept. 14, 2012 (40) forty days ago.  I called the Apple store and asked if there was anything going to be released this year on the iPad.  I was told NO, they are not releasing a iPad this year.

I called (2) two days ago to find out about the iMac 27" 2011.  I asked if they were going to release anything this year.  Again, I was told NO, they are not releasing a iMac this year.

I don't like being misinformed... well that's "LIED" too. 

I called Apple today and was told if I had purchased my iPad via Apple Store or Apple Store online there would not be an issue.  I purchased mine via Walmart and was told to contact them and they could change it out if they wanted.  I am now waiting

on that returned call from upper Mgmt.   I was told if they do take it back they will send it to Apple, not try to resale.

I have been on the market for months looking for the best price and for something that will meet my needs.  Now I am not sure if I will purchase the new iMac, I canceled my order from (2) days ago...

• Reply 8 of 10

Originally Posted by bama View Post

I called the Apple store and asked if there was anything going to be released this year on the iPad.  I was told NO, they are not releasing a iPad this year.

I called (2) two days ago to find out about the iMac 27" 2011. I asked if they were going to release anything this year. Again, I was told NO, they are not releasing a iMac this year.

They know absolutely nothing. Unless you can prove they said to you, "No, there will be no more iPads this year," instead of "We cannot talk about future products", they did not lie. Even THEN, they didn't lie. They're told nothing.

• Reply 9 of 10
    bamabama Posts: 2member

Tallest Skil,

You can try to twist things around, but you were not on the telephone with the Apple Rep and myself.  I was told there was not going to be a release on a iPad anytime in the near future.  When I called (2) two days ago I was told they were not releasing

a new iMac 27".

I am telling the general public that reads this blog what happened to ME.  Again, I don't really care if believe or not.

• Reply 10 of 10

Originally Posted by bam a View Post

…you were not on the telephone with the Apple Rep and myself.

No, I wasn't! That's absolutely right. And again, if they DID tell you exactly what you've said, since you're only 40 days out, you might be able to swing a replacement if you bring that up and have the proof.

When I called (2) two days ago I was told they were not releasing a new iMac 27".

Yes, and that's for the reason I mentioned before. Apple Stores didn't know about them. Heck, Apple Stores probably don't even have their demo models yet.

You should definitely swap your iMac with a new model. Call Apple and ask how this process will work, given the delay in release.