Mac to PC networking issue since 10.2.3

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
OK, I've got one that's stumped me. Since upgrading to 10.2.3 I can't connect to my Cube using an NT 4.0 laptop or XP Pro workstation that previously had no problems communicating. Every computer sees the others (I can ping each one from the other two) just fine, and I can even see the Workgroup in the Network Neighborhood/Network Places of the PCs, and the PCs can share files, but only with each other. The Cube can connect to shared folders on the PCs, but the PCs get a message that the session was cancelled whenever I try to map a network drive to the Cube. When I try to browse the Network neighborhood, I get a message that the PCs do not have permission to access the servers in the Workgroup. So far, I've corrected permissions on the Cube, zapped the PRAM, removed fixed IP address mapping on the router, and tried reinstalling 10.2.3, all to no avail. If anyone's got tips, tricks, or voodoo, feel free to share. Thanks to any and all for taking the time to read...

edited to add that I have verified that the Cube does have Windows Filesharing enabled and that Samba is using the right workgroup name...

[ 12-24-2002: Message edited by: velocipede ]</p>