Safe to buy Apple TV this Holiday season

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014

Looking to buy an Apple TV as a gift.  Just want to make sure it is safe to buy and there isn't an update on the horizon.  Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5

How could we possibly know? There will be one soon. Then again, there won't be one soon.

We haven't heard anything, but that doesn't mean anything. New chips have also come out, but that doesn't mean anything, either.

• Reply 2 of 5

Ok thanks.  I think you know what I mean when I ask that question.  Obviously you don't know anything for sure.  Just looking to find if there is any reliable info that one is coming out in the next two months as I said I was looking to get it for the Holidays.

• Reply 3 of 5

Originally Posted by Jon Boriss View Post

Ok thanks.  I think you know what I mean when I ask that question. 

Well, yeah. But we can't know, and we've heard diddly.

You have a 30 day window of return. I personally can't imagine they'd release anything else this holiday season, or that they'd release something stocking stufferish like the Apple TV in January.

• Reply 4 of 5

Ok so the answer is that there is no new info on one coming out soon.  Thanks that was really all I was looking for.

• Reply 5 of 5
    sr2012sr2012 Posts: 896member
    jon boriss wrote: »
    Looking to buy an Apple TV as a gift.  Just want to make sure it is safe to buy and there isn't an update on the horizon.  Thanks.

You should be covered until Christmas, because if in the next 30 days something comes out you can always go back and get the new model, like many did for iPad 3 when iPad 4 came out unexpectedly.

Of course, check the statutory laws in your city/state/country.

Theoretically, everything should be set for the holiday season, including no new AppleTVs.

But there is never a way to know for sure.