When is a .mov not a .mov ?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Help, please. We are starting a TV station at our school using Live Channel ( great piece of software ) and I asked an artist friend of mine to create a logo for it. Well, to cut a long story .... he went way over the top and sent me a gorgeous animated logo as QT file. However, he works on a Pc and this QT file doesn't seem to be a normal one. I can open it using QT, watch it perfectly well but no other prog recognises it as one. It has the Qt icon but graphic Converter, Live Channel either have it greyed out or give an 'unknown format" message. Any thoughts on how i can change it to a regular .mov?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    You could open it in QT and export it to another QT movie. you would need QTPro for it, though.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    thanks, defiant. Unfortunately , my QT Pro key went with QT6 and I'm still trying to justify the purchase of a new one to my wife
  • Reply 3 of 4
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Well now you have a justification.

You could have your friend re-export it as well, assuming that he has QT Pro on Wintel. Sounds like he used a codec you don't have, and wrapped it in a QT .mov file format.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    check your pm's