Epson Stylus 870: Horizontal Red Lines

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Now, I know this problem has been documented many times before, so anyone about to click reply and give me a link to another forum thread about this issue that fails to provide a solution... stop now.

With that out of the way, this printer has begun to print horizontal red lines at fairly regular intervals whenever printing. Doesn't matter whether you tell it to do color or black only, nor does the content matter. Usualy after the first two pages or so it stops when doing a long print job... but a print job sent a few minutes later gets the red lines again.

Epson forwards me to their online help system, and I'm about to call and bitch tomorrow. I've cleaned the print heads on this thing SO many times it has ceased being humurous. So, anyone have a fix for this, or shall I unleash my wrath on Epson's call center?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    unleash your wrath on Epson's call center.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    I had exactly the same problem..used the inkfrom three cartridges 'cleaning' the heads etc to no avail...Epson said it was a 'faulty' board and replaced it under warranty. ( I said the machine...Stylus Photo 870...was 'nearly' a year old and they took my word for it) my swapped machine works fine...give 'em a call