Time Warner CEO 'hopes Apple makes a TV'

Comments

• Reply 21 of 41
    alexnalexn Posts: 119member
    <h1 class="forum-h1" id="user_yui_3_7_3_1_1354146831555_607" style="margin-top:0px;margin-bottom:15px;padding-bottom:4px;font-size:26px;line-height:1em;color:rgb(58,66,73);font-family:FranklinGothicFSCdRegular;">Time Warner CEO 'hopes Apple makes a TV'</h1>

This tells me that the idea is absolutely horrible. If the telecoms want it, consumers shouldn't.

Absolutely. Not to mention the consumers best friends, the MIAA and RIAA.
  • Reply 22 of 41
    mj1970mj1970 Posts: 9,002member

Wow. Posts just vanished? Deleted?

• Reply 23 of 41
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    So even if its just a 50 inch screen computer with tv features you'll ditch?

How so?
  • Reply 24 of 41

Quote:

Originally Posted by WardC View Post

If Apple goes into the Television business, that is the day I am ditching all my Macs, iPads, and iPhones and getting DEC Alphas and Silicon Graphics machines...Apple will prove to me that they are no longer interested in being a computer company, so they don't deserve my interest either.

Welcome to 2007

• Reply 25 of 41
    drblankdrblank Posts: 3,385member

Quote:

Originally Posted by ismael072307 View Post

At firat ,the idea of an Apple television to me sounded odd, but now it actually makes sense. Bring it image

My guess is that it would be a IGZO based TV.  IGZO is supposed to be high resolution, low power consumption, high quality screens from Sharp.  Who knows what Apple has planned for 2013 for new high res displays for the high end professional MacPro systems.

If Apple does it, I'm sure they will be worth the wait.  I would like them to make a really cool box with DVR capabilities, etc. much like Tivo, only better.

• Reply 26 of 41
    Wait until Apple comes out with it.

I predict you'll see the usual bunch of lowlifes coming out of the woodwork blithely and ignorantly waxing eloquent about how it was all obvious, after the fact...... despite the fact that every TV/cable user interface out there (including whatever pathetic nonsense Google has been attempting) today is an assault on one's senses.

Even Apple's. With the iPhone and iPad Apple introduced a progression in hardware which they cannot do with a TV. They can't introduce new technology because it's already out there, IPS, IGZO, LCD/LED, plasma and soon OLED. iPhones and iPads are popular because they're personal devices and have transformed how people communicate with each other and has become the computer of choice in people's lives. The UI on a phone/tablet is constantly manipulated so it being intuitive is important, but not so much on a TV. One finds a show they want to watch and that's it. Roku recently introduced a unified search, a query will search Netflix, Amazon, and Hulu Plus. This time the competition is standing pat waiting to see what Apple is coming out with.
  • Reply 27 of 41

CEO of TWC isn't the only one!!!!

we're all patient as we know that when Apple brings it out it's going to be done right!!!

• Reply 28 of 41
    The best disruption will be no cable monopoly.
  • Reply 29 of 41
    The best disruption will be no cable monopoly.

That already happened, find another disruption.
  • Reply 30 of 41
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    At firat ,the idea of an Apple television to me sounded odd, but now it actually makes sense. Bring it :D

One by one you'll all come round.
  • Reply 31 of 41
    wardc wrote: »
    If Apple goes into the Television business, that is the day I am ditching all my Macs, iPads, and iPhones and getting DEC Alphas and Silicon Graphics machines...Apple will prove to me that they are no longer interested in being a computer company, so they don't deserve my interest either.

You'll survive. And it!s going to happen.
  • Reply 32 of 41
    This tells me that the idea is absolutely horrible. If the telecoms want it, consumers shouldn't.

Oh holy crap.
  • Reply 33 of 41
    drblank wrote:
    If Apple does it, I'm sure they will be worth the wait.  I would like them to make a really cool box with DVR capabilities, etc. much like Tivo, only better.

The R stands for recorder, you don't need to record iPTV.
  • Reply 34 of 41
    rayzrayz Posts: 814member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

The R stands for recorder, you don't need to record iPTV.

And if you can't to record it, Mr TV Company doesn't have to worry about you lending it to all your friends.

• Reply 35 of 41

Quote:

Originally Posted by WardC View Post

Don't worry. Apple will never build a teevee. They cannot create the UI now 'cause Scott is fired. You can keep all your Apple  stuff - forget DEC Alphas and stuff.

You didn't say how many shares you own though - I'm sure you have a few.

OT, I'm planning to reply to certain messages without any sarcasm indicators. I wonder if it will be picked up.

• Reply 36 of 41
    icoco3icoco3 Posts: 1,474member
    wardc wrote: »

Don't let the door hit ya in the butt on the way out....
  • Reply 37 of 41
    icoco3icoco3 Posts: 1,474member
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    That already happened, find another disruption.

The monopoly is at the local level. TWC is the only option here, besides dish who can't give me broadband.
  • Reply 38 of 41

Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Oh holy crap.

I see no disagreement. Going once. Going twice.

• Reply 39 of 41
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    "Blah blah walled garden blah blah customization blah blah open blah blah iSheep blah blah innovate don't litigate blah blah kool-aid blah blah"

You should be banned for plagiarism! I read that exact comment yesterday wriiten by an Android user ... ;)
  • Reply 40 of 41
    "Blah blah walled garden blah blah customization blah blah open blah blah iSheep blah blah innovate don't litigate blah blah kool-aid blah blah"

You should be banned for plagiarism! I read that exact comment yesterday wriiten by an Android user ... ;)

LOL! He did put it in quotes though...