[Root][Mac][Nexus7] Root Android 4.2 For Nexus 7 With Mac OS X

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
[B][COLOR=red]DISCLAIMER: THIS CAN OR WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY, I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE IF ANYTHING GOES WRONG. BACKUP ALL DATA THAT IS IMPORTANT BECAUSE YOU CAN OR WILL LOSE IT.[/COLOR][/B]

Hi all, successfully rooted my Nexus 7, Android 4.2.1 on my Mac without needing a PC or Linux.

For those interested:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/nexus-7-rooting-roms-hacks/189900-guide-mac-pc-linux-4-2-unlock-root-flash-recovery.html

It's really helpful because it all works on a Mac only.

The above also appears to be a successful and clear way to do it.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    I am pleased to announce that as of Dec 12, 2012 this thread is showing up on the first page of Google searches for "Root Android Mac" and the second page for "Root Nexus Mac".

For Full Root and Flash Sony Xperia S on Android 4.0.4 using Mac OS X 10.8 please see this thread: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/154955/full-root-and-flash-sony-xperia-s-android-4-0-4-on-mac-os-x
  • Reply 2 of 11

Hi,

I have a Google Nexus S with ios version 4.1.1 for some reason it does not detect the service provider signal,  essentially it is a brick to be carried around.  I have checked with samsung service centers and hve replaced the sim tray card but still does not seem to work

Will rooting the device regularise it as a normal phone

• Reply 3 of 11
    sr2012sr2012 Posts: 896member
    augie wrote: »
    Hi,

I have a Google Nexus S with ios version 4.1.1 for some reason it does not detect the service provider signal,  essentially it is a brick to be carried around.  I have checked with samsung service centers and hve replaced the sim tray card but still does not seem to work

Will rooting the device regularise it as a normal phone

Hi,

CHECK YOUR WARRANTY conditions first, in this case GET A REPLACEMENT PHONE if you haven't rooted, etc. so there is no question that there is a problem with the phone AS IS.

Unlock bootloader, rooting, install stock ROM etc. is a secondary option.

You can unlock bootloader, then install stock ROM 4.x which is suitable and see if it will recognise the service provider signal.

Good luck...!
  • Reply 4 of 11
    andreyandrey Posts: 108member

What the point?

• Reply 5 of 11
    andrey wrote: »
    What the point?

Fully unleash Android for a superior Android 4.x experience. :)
  • Reply 6 of 11
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member
    augie wrote: »
    Hi,

I have a Google Nexus S with ios version 4.1.1
    Really?
  • Reply 7 of 11

Originally Posted by Chris_CA View Post

Really?

Well, yeah (think about it).

• Reply 8 of 11
    sr2012 wrote: »
    Fully unleash Android for a superior Android 4.x experience. :)

Ah, that. Santa will bring me Nexus 4 with genuine 4.2 experience and for side by side comparison with iPhone5 that he has for my wife, ho-ho-ho
  • Reply 9 of 11

LOL.

andrey wrote: »
    Ah, that. Santa will bring me Nexus 4 with genuine 4.2 experience and for side by side comparison with iPhone5 that he has for my wife, ho-ho-ho

Sweet dude. Hope you get your Nexus 4, seems like Google didn't do a smooth launch at all.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

• Reply 11 of 11

The problem is YOU have a Nexus with iOS, not in this world....