searching hp scanner driver

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hi

i've got a hp scanjet 5200c... i've been searching for any drivers to run it under OS X.2, but i couldn't find anything, does anybody know, is there a dirver for the 5200c to run it under X.2? (I just found drivers for the 5300 series) and if yes, where can i download the driver?

thanks for any help.

cheers

dogmatix

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    this forum is for tech support, not software questions. therefore it would belong to Software. But I'm gonna help you anyways.

It looks like your scanner was never supported under the mac, because I couldn't find any drivers for the mac (not even mac os9).

I would suggest you to try if your scanner works with <a href="http://www.hamrick.com/vsm.html"; target="_blank">VueScan</a>.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    thanks for the tipp!

cheers

dogmatix
  • Reply 3 of 3
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Yea I love HP. I have a 4400c but I forgot to bring the drivers with my iBook to college from my home G3. They have an offer to buy the appropriate drivers on CD though.

I emailed them once when I bought the scanner to check for updates, and they wrote back saying there were none. A year later I emailed them asking where the drivers were. They didn't respond, and I tried again, no response.

I couldn't get VueScan to see my (supported) scanner. So I just let my parents keep their Christmas present to me.

I love HP.