Get Info: More Info Disappears

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014

Here might be a stumper. I can see the "More Info" on any file I choose… once. After I close the Get Info window and open it again, More Info is blanked out. 

I closed the window (first screenshot) and immediately opened it again (second).

No idea why this happens. Getting Info on something else and leaving the folder and returning don't restore it, but relaunching Finder does… for one more viewing. Could be a cache file is broken?

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    No idea why this happens. Getting Info on something else and leaving the folder and returning don't restore it, but relaunching Finder does… for one more viewing. Could be a cache file is broken?

This sort of thing started happening to me with Lion - it even shows up when I click on an image or movie in column view. The first time I click it, it shows info like dimensions / duration and if I select / deselect, some info lines just disappear. It's really annoying with images because I end up having to open them in Preview to see the dimensions.

1000 1000

The two previews above were just between two clicks. Maybe this is their way of trying to get us to stop using a filesystem.