HEVC Encoder/Decoder

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014

I have a doubt regarding the patents of HEVC. Since so many companies have patent on HEVC.If some one develops HEVC codec for commercial purpose and sells it to say some XYZ company does the person who has developed has to pay for royalty or the XYZ company which is using for commercial purpose has pay royalty.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member

HEVC is still in development. After it is released, individual licensees will not pay separate license fees to individual rights holders. That is not how this is done. Any license fee will be paid to the licensing body that is designating to accept the fee. That body will then distribute agreed-upon percentages of each payment to each rights holder.

• Reply 2 of 3

Thanks Sir for your valuable insight.Our startup company is working on decoder for past few months.Our company is located in Bangalore,India.We have fully completed the decoder for i-Frame and we are now working on P & B-Frame.We are sheduled to work on encoder from Feb,2013

Can i get any advice on how to market the decoder and what are the regulations I should follow and how can a startup approach the bigger companies who are looking for HEVC Encoder and Decoder.

Your advice will be of great value to us.

Thanks in advance

• Reply 3 of 3

Quote:

Originally Posted by fid07 View Post

Thanks Sir for your valuable insight.Our startup company is working on decoder for past few months.Our company is located in Bangalore,India.We have fully completed the decoder for i-Frame and we are now working on P & B-Frame.We are sheduled to work on encoder from Feb,2013

Can i get any advice on how to market the decoder and what are the regulations I should follow and how can a startup approach the bigger companies who are looking for HEVC Encoder and Decoder.

Your advice will be of great value to us.

Thanks in advance

and we have not used any of the Ref Code