iTunes Match not working on iPhone 4 with IOS 6.1

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014

I just upgraded to IOS 6.1 on my iPhone and now the Music program doesn't recognize my iTunes Match account, which worked fine on the old OS.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks a million! 

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4

Welcome. Which iMatch do you mean? I can find two that might be relevant.

If you mean iTunes Match, which is called iTunes Match, try dumping the account (just log out of it) and logging back in. You may need to put a device shutdown between those events.

• Reply 2 of 4

Thanks, I tried that, and my Music app now just tells me "No Music. You can download music from the iTunes Store".

BTW, you're right, I meant iTunes Match, not iMatch! 

Thanks for trying anyway! :) 

• Reply 3 of 4
    I have the exact same problem. Had it for a week now. It tries to load music into the cloud, but the status bar doesn't move.
  • Reply 4 of 4

Thanks for the support guys and/or ladies!

I finally fixed the problem by backing up the phone on iTunes and restoring the whole thing... then restoring the backup. Didn't lose any information, and although it took three hours, the music is now back. And as an added extra, you CAN now delete individual tracks (at least I can!) from the music prog when all your music is on the

cloud. Really strange Apple didn't advertise that, especially because it was one of the big turn-offs with iOS 6.

It took 3 hours, but it was worth it... now if they hadn't gone to iOS 6 in the first place, we wouldn't have this problem... although the wonky maps were entertaining for a while... 

Happy repairs, everyone...