iPhone OS is stale - my concept to make it a little less so...

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014

Hey all new here, but avid member of apple forums. 

I made a demonstration on how I would change the music app in iOS 7, it's a pretty short demo as I didn't have much time to do anything else, but if you could check it out and lemme know what you think I'd appreciate it :) 

youtube.com/watch?v=EsGUirgG2vQ

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

iPhone OS is stale

GREAT start here¡ image

You've built the design well, but the design itself just doesn't work on the iPhone/iPod touch. It's far, far less information at once and it requires roughly three times the interaction to get where you want to go. 

The iPad, on the other hand, might be able to benefit from it. I'd like to see that mocked up.

• Reply 2 of 5

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

GREAT start here¡ image

You've built the design well, but the design itself just doesn't work on the iPhone/iPod touch. It's far, far less information at once and it requires roughly three times the interaction to get where you want to go. 

The iPad, on the other hand, might be able to benefit from it. I'd like to see that mocked up.

Thanks, but yes I think I know what you mean thats why I tried to solve it by having the info, buttons on the bottom of the select tab, but I know what you mean. Maybe that view would be exclusive to album view or something, haven't quite decided yet, it was all just a random idea in my head. But yeah may look into implementing it on an iPad mockup too 

• Reply 3 of 5
    charlitunacharlituna Posts: 7,217member

Setting aside the fact that I disagree that the overall OS is stale. 

I personally suspect that the point of iTunes 11 in part is to get folks used to said UI because it will be the video and Music  UI in ios 7 at least for the iPad and Apple TV. And I say its about time. Having everything in one list whether it is 'local' storage, 'in the cloud' or home shared is how it should be. 

In fact that is one of my major gripes about my iPad and Apple TV. Especially the ATV. The UI buttons for movies etc go to the store and not my home share. For that I have to go to computer etc. Way too many steps. 

• Reply 4 of 5
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

In fact that is one of my major gripes about my iPad and Apple TV. Especially the ATV. The UI buttons for movies etc go to the store and not my home share. For that I have to go to computer etc. Way too many steps. 

It's a shame the Apple TV doesn't do that. It's the opposite of how I think it should be; your local stuff should be the individual pseudoapps while the iTunes Store should be in ONE pseudoapp. 

• Reply 5 of 5

Thanks for the feedback guys, appreciate it all. 

First time I've done anything like that so I'm quite proud of the results, and even more impressed that you can achieve something like that with some Keynote skills and a bit of photoshopping :) 

Hoping to work on a concept for the homescreen, which hasn't been seen before on iPhone, and no I'm not talking about tacky widgets either ;)