iMac shipping times improve in Europe, but still take longer than Apple's US store

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
iMac orders in Europe are now estimated to ship in as little as 5 to 7 business days, a major improvement over previous estimates, but a number that still lags behind Apple's turnaround in the U.S.

iMacs

Apple's online stores across Europe began updating on Monday to reflect new, faster estimated shipping times for iMac orders. In countries such as the Czech Republic, both the 21.5- and 27-inch varieties ship in 5 to 7 business days.

However, in the U.K., the larger 27-inch iMac variety is advertised to ship in 1 to 2 weeks ??an improvement from previous estimates that took up to a month, but still slower than the 21.5-inch model.

All of the times in Europe are still short of the U.S., where Apple's online store estimates that both screen sizes will ship within 1 to 3 business days. Just last week, the 21.5-inch model was estimated to ship in 2 to 3 weeks, while the 27-inch model took up to a month to ship.

Improved shipping times around the world are a sign that Apple has been able to address the apparent production issues that limited supply of its redesigned iMacs. The all-in-one desktops reportedly use a unique screen lamination process that hampered production.

Overall Mac sales took a hit last quarter, which Apple attributed to severe constraints of the new iMac after it launched in December. Market watchers expect that Mac sales will rebound this quarter with improved iMac availability.

As iMac inventory directly through Apple has improved, stock has also been provided to Apple's authorized resellers, many of which can be found in the official AppleInsider price guide below:

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    mj webmj web Posts: 918member
    Supply chain maven and CEO Tim Cook intro'd the iMac on September 24 when AAPL was over $700. 6 month later this master of the supply chain still can't provide an iMac in a timely manner... What a sad joke! Tim Cook is an expert? Yeah sure, an expert at destroying AAPL's value and reputation as a creative forerunner.

I love Apple and its products as much as anyone on this site but the current management under Cook are 10 carat gold plated losers! Pretenders of what Apple was under Steve Jobs. Pull your heads out of the sand AAPL ostriches and lobby hard to dump Cook and get an appropriate management team.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by MJ Web View Post

Supply chain maven and CEO Tim Cook intro'd the iMac on September 24 when AAPL was over $700. 6 month later this master of the supply chain still can't provide an iMac in a timely manner... What a sad joke!

Funny how "supply chain" has come to mean "manufacturing" in the last six months.

Tim Cook is an expert? Yeah sure, an expert at destroying AAPL's value and reputation as a creative forerunner.

I love Apple and its products as much as anyone on this site but the current management under Cook are 10 carat gold plated losers! Pretenders of what Apple was under Steve Jobs. Pull your heads out of the sand AAPL ostriches and lobby hard to dump Cook and get an appropriate management team.

Enough with this nonsense.

• Reply 3 of 5
    mj webmj web Posts: 918member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Funny how "supply chain" has come to mean "manufacturing" in the last six months.

Enough with this nonsense.

How is it that none of the products AAPL gang dumped on the market last fall -- iPad 4, iPad Mini, iP5, MBP Retinas -- have meshed with the supply/demand chain yet? And how uncharacteristic is it of Apple to gang dump products like that? Or into the iPad 4 just months after the iPad 3 was released? Or slash retail prices/profit margins on MB Retina's within months of release? 

Open your eyes people! Apple has become a feeble, desperate, also ran company in one year under Tim Cook's management. At least I have the coconuts to say it. 

• Reply 4 of 5
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by MJ Web View Post

How is it that none of the products AAPL gang dumped on the market last fall -- iPad 4, iPad Mini, iP5, MBP Retinas -- have meshed with the supply/demand chain yet?

Probably because they have:

oh no apple is doomed:

And how uncharacteristic is it of Apple to gang dump products like that?

Not.

Or into the iPad 4 just months after the iPad 3 was released?

They're shifting cycles from 1 year to 6 months. Just like they've shifted computer cycles from 6 months to 1 year.

Or slash retail prices/profit margins on MB Retina's within months of release? 

The hardware was updated.

Open your eyes people! Apple has become a feeble, desperate, also ran company in one year under Tim Cook's management.

Go away. I mean honestly, why should we have to deal with this crap on a daily basis?

At least I have the coconuts to say it. 

Yeah, you're certainly the first to lie about this stuff. It certainly hasn't been going on since Steve Jobs came back in '96¡

• Reply 5 of 5

On one side Apple produces high end computer. On the other hand the order conditions and delivery time is catastrophic and outrage!  I am waiting now 2 month (!) for the delivery of my purchased iMac with the highest performance. Until this moment my  dealer is not able even to let me know when the delivery is planned!  All I know is that the computer is put together in Apple Ireland.

I am in contact with another 3 customer waiting also for delivery since 2 month.

Apple is nowadays strong, but it behavior facing their clients, can bring Apple very quickly to those days before Steve Jobs return because Apple offers relative few models. With such customers service it will fail soooooon !