Webserver refusing to start.

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I use my webserver on my Mac to send my song ideas to my friends, and all of a sudden it will not start up. I click on the check mark, and it says starting, and just stays like that. If I close system preferences and open them again, it has the box unchecked and does the same thing when I try to start it. I am on a Beige 300 w/Jag 10.2.3, 384 megs of ram, etc. I am using the default settings for the server, so ya. If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    What happens when you try to access the server? Post the error message here.

Also, have you tried enabling it through the terminal? Type 'sudo apachectl restart' or 'sudo apachectl start' if you get a message that the server is not running (it'll ask for your password after these commands). If neither of these work, come back.

[ 01-21-2003: Message edited by: torifile ]</p>
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Thanks. I got it by typing in the command you told me and it said it was having a problem with a file iCommune put there, as I have since deleted it. Removed the file, and all is well. Thanks again! Now if anyone has any help for my other topic about my iMac.....