This is what I wanted to see....

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Take this same design, get rid of the rounded back, and make it a retro remake of the original Macintosh all in one, handle and all. sure somewhat larger, but square. TOO SEXY!

[ 04-30-2002: Message edited by: warpd ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    I disagree. The eMac looks great IMO. I like the rounded back, the clean lines, minimalist and elegant. The flat CRT owns, and the price is killer.

And what do you need a handle for? People carry around 19" CRTs no problem, and this eMac is smaller and lighter than a 19" display. I believe Apple designed the eMac to be as cost-effective as possible, and leaving out a handle cuts manufacturing costs. I'd rather pay less for an eMac than have a handle.

I think this eMac proves that Apple still can design a killer budget computer. Recently it's been unclear, since most of their designs like the cube and iMac have been upscale computers. But this eMac demonstrates that Apple can target the low end market and do it well.

The only problem is that this eMac's display is superior to the iMac's display! LOL, the eMac has an inch larger viewable area and is capable of greater resolution, and of course the flat CRT has greater color accuracy, no ghosting, and better viewing angle.

I think it's time for Apple to serve up a 17" LCD iMac...until they do, the eMac is going to make the iMac look like an overpriced joke that nobody's laughing at.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    majukimajuki Posts: 114member
    [quote]Originally posted by Junkyard Dawg:

<strong>

I think it's time for Apple to serve up a 17" LCD iMac...until they do, the eMac is going to make the iMac look like an overpriced joke that nobody's laughing at.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Apple's LCD prices are a joke that no one's laughing at.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    junkyard dawgjunkyard dawg Posts: 2,801member
    Yep. Apple's got some killer margins on their LCD displays...but I'm wondering what the volume is like.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    lowb-inglowb-ing Posts: 98member
    I don' think apple left that handle out to save a ridiculously small amount of money. They probably did it 'cause a few of the 'right' people asked for it. it makes the emac slightly harder to steal