Network Disk Automount ? (windows)

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hi

This may be a dumb question but is there any way to make a network disk (windows) automount on startup ?

thanks

j.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Do you mean an OS X client and a NT/2K server? Pr a PC client and an OS X server? Or an OS 9 ASIP server and a Windows client? Or...
  • Reply 2 of 5
    elricelric Posts: 230member
    Ok if you are wanting to make it easier to mount a windows network drive on your mac under os x this is what I do. First I make the connection normally thru the finder and add the authentication to the keychain. Once thats all done I control click the icon on my desktop and choose create alias. You can then eject the original and whenever you need it click the alias and it will open it up. I usually hide the alias in my home directory out of the way and drag it to the dock because when you open it it creates anotehr icon on your desktop and having 2 there just looks funky.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Elric,

This works even better:

1.Connect to your win share

2.Drag the mounted share icon to your dock

3.if you disconnect it now, alias will stay in your dock, and there is no need for anything else.

Works like a charm.

And for original question:

1. Connect to your win folder.

2. In system preferences, go to login items

3. Add this win folder to the list.

(like Elrik said if you have your password stored in the keychain it will automount it for you without any authentication prompts)

HTH

[ 01-22-2003: Message edited by: piwozniak ]</p>
  • Reply 4 of 5
    elricelric Posts: 230member
    Nice tips piwozniak, thanks :cool:
  • Reply 5 of 5
    johnrpjohnrp Posts: 357member
    Thanks guys

All is well again here in the land of OSX

your help was much appreciated.

(even dstranathan )

j.