Changing Safari timeout default?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Anyone know if it's possible to change the page-load timeout default in Safari to be longer than 30 seconds? (If a page doesn't load within this time, you get an error message).

The problem is on my employer's intranet. Sometimes uploading a large file takes longer than 30 seconds, and Safari always times out and aborts the upload.

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    I would definitely send feedback to Apple about it (use the bug button). I hate this "feature" as I am in the same situation you are (I am building a little web app which will be uploading 10+MB sized files - that isn't gonna happen in less than 30 seconds!).

Eagerly waiting to hear from the geniuses!

Oh - here is another one (while we are at it - don't hit me if it has been answered already). How do you keep the "check spelling while I type" on as a default. I find I have to click it every time I start to type - and my spelling suxs!
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Good advice, Pie Man. I've sent them a bug report.

I got daring (well, for an artsy-farty, English major, non-programmer type like myself, anyway) and poked around in the plist files and package contents, but couldn't see anyplace where this variable was soft-coded.

Maybe in v1.0