iMovie Problems - Audio

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hi guys,

I have an exam movie to do for Monday and I'm super stressed. I have a Canon MZ-25 Camera and when I plug it into iMovie and import the picture is fine but the audio is really out of sync and all screwy. I tried everything (clicking the filter audio button etc..) and changing all the settings, it just keeps getting messed up. Does anyone know how to fix this.

Also, is there a chance that this will not happen if I use it on a different computer or use a different camera/firewire cable?

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    What do you mean by 'all screwy?' Is it choppy? Too slow? Too fast? More details are needed here and, most importantly, what kind of Mac are you using, how much RAM do you have and what OS?
  • Reply 2 of 5
    pb g3pb g3 Posts: 95member
    Sorry about that. Anyway, I'm using a 500Mhz Blue Dalmation iMac running OS 9.1 and iMovie 2. I dunno about the RAM (it's my friends computer).

Any help would be appreciated.

By The Way,

By screwed up I mean it sounds like it's under water. It's all messed up and out of sync. It sounds like there's a delay with some feedback as well and some echo.

[ 01-24-2003: Message edited by: PB G3 ]</p>
  • Reply 3 of 5
    pb g3pb g3 Posts: 95member
    Come on, someone's gotta know.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    In OS 9 anyway, there is an option to "Filter audio from camera". Try turning that off. (Do other audio files [AIFF] work? Except MP3's) Second, turn off file sharing, appletalk, and virtual RAM.

Hope some of this helps.

EDIT: Someday I am going to learn how to spell!

[ 01-24-2003: Message edited by: Ebby ]</p>
  • Reply 5 of 5
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    Did you play it also on a TV ? Maybe it's already mixed up on the tape, not while transferring to the mac.