Java

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014

Recently i have this problem with the latest Java I installed. I play POGO Games and some of these games use JAVA. When I go to a certain game it states seeing ifr i have the latest Java installed. It checks it and it says no download the latest one.This is happening on the LION OS using Safari.I download the latest JAVA update and when I go to the game it says the same thing over again. I did this about times already.I have everything enabled in the security part under safari also.This getting to be frustrating now. Some games work and most of them with JAVA do not. Please help me if possible on this problem Thanks Marv

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2

You may have to uninstall Java completely, then install it from scratch. I've seen this happen before with Flash where it successfully installs the updates, but none of the apps recognize it.

Delete the following folders & files:

/Library/Application Support/Oracle

/Library/Internet Plug-ings/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin

/Library/PreferencePanes/Java.prefPane

/Library/Preferences/com.oracle.java.Helper-Tool.plist

You may also see...

Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Java

...if you've got an older machine that migrated the older versions over before Oracle took over. Delete that too. I'm trying to remember if there is anything in the User Library that has Java items as well. Check there just in case. In the Finder, click Go at the top, then click on Library (if on 10.7 or higher, press Option to make it appear), and check the same folders.

Then just reboot, and when it comes back up empty the trash. At that point you can download the latest version of Java from Oracle if you don't already have it, and install everything.

If that still doesn't work, you may want to try killing the preferences

• Reply 2 of 2
    marvfoxmarvfox Posts: 2,275member

Thanks for your answer to me. I did this 5 times already and nothing happened. I have the 2011 MM .What i did was start to use Firefox and it seems to be working fine.Safari is not very good with this Java I notice.