Microsoft ending support for Office for Mac 2008 April 9

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
On April 9, 2013, Microsoft will end support for the Office for Mac 2008 productivity suite.

Office for Mac

Affected products, according to Microsoft's Support Lifecycle page, will include Office 2008 for Mac, Mac Business Edition, Home and Student Edition, and Special Media Edition. Microsoft is encouraging Office for Mac 2008 users to buy Office for Mac 2011 in order to have support by way of service packs and other updates.

The Office For Mac Blog recommends an Office 365 subscription, which includes Office for Mac 2011, as well as all future upgrades to the product. Office 2008 users will still be able to download updates for the software until April 19, 2014.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

People ending their concern for Microsoft Office on April 9.

• Reply 2 of 6
    dave k.dave k. Posts: 1,306member

I really wish Apple had continued iWork development.  That suite was really coming along nicely and could have really rivaled MS Office at this point.

• Reply 3 of 6

Originally Posted by Dave K. View Post

I really wish Apple had continued iWork development.

ENOUGH WITH THE FUD, FOR FRICK'S SAKE.

• Reply 4 of 6
    dave k.dave k. Posts: 1,306member

How is this FUD exactly?  The iWork suite hasn't been updated in over 4 years.  

• Reply 5 of 6

Originally Posted by Dave K. View Post

The iWork suite hasn't been updated in over 4 years.  

December.

And that's ignoring the other iWork, which just got an update last month. But whatever.

• Reply 6 of 6
    I think what's really needed is for Apple to make another incremental improvement to iWorks10. We've all heard of what features are still sorely absent. iWorks doesn't need to be on parity with Office, but there are only a few certain features that would make it ten times as valuable to the enterprise and education market.