Best time to buy for students?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I'm starting med school in August and need to replace my veeeery old MacBook Pro. I don't need anything fancy, but I do want a new 15 inch MacBook Pro with 500GB and possibly Retina display. I have a few questions:

1. What is the best time to buy a new MacBook Pro, price-wise?
2. Do medical students benefit from the student discounts?
3. Does Apple still provide those summer student discounts (in previous years, students buying a new laptop would be offered a free iPod or some such thing.)
4.. If so, how do I best take advantage of the student discount? (Should I use the "Educational Pricing" option advertised on the website? Or wait 'till the summer deals come out?)
5. As someone who is not doing any visual/artistic work on my laptop, do I really want to pay the extra for Retina?

Thank you for your advice!

(I hope this is the appropriate place for this post; please let me know if it isn't.)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by mrcl2017 View Post

1. What is the best time to buy a new MacBook Pro, price-wise?

2. Do medical students benefit from the student discounts?

3. Does Apple still provide those summer student discounts (in previous years, students buying a new laptop would be offered a free iPod or some such thing.)

4.. If so, how do I best take advantage of the student discount? (Should I use the "Educational Pricing" option advertised on the website? Or wait 'till the summer deals come out?)

5. As someone who is not doing any visual/artistic work on my laptop, do I really want to pay the extra for Retina?

1. A product's launch day.

2. You have 'student' in your description, yeah? Bingo.

3. It's a $100 gift card now, I think.

4. Hope for a launch day in summer. image

5. Yes. It's the future of all displays everywhere. But obviously don't spend more than you have.