mms problem

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014

hi

i hope someone can help me

i have my I pohne 3gs and i have the prepaid AT&T with unlimited call and sms and mms.(50$/m)

i don't have any problem with calls or sms but my problem is when i try to send mms , when i try to send pics it doesn't work and give me picture not sent.

in addition , anyone who want to send a picture for me it will show him that picture delivered to me but it is not cause my phone not receive the picture too.

note : i notice this problem happened after i updated the IOS for the most recent one.

i hope someone can help

thanks in advance

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

I'm pretty sure you can't have that plan with an iPhone.

• Reply 2 of 8

actually i did send many before ..but after i did update ..it turns to not send or receive any.

• Reply 3 of 8

Originally Posted by mahooo1 View Post

actually i did send many before ..but after i did update ..it turns to not send or receive any.

Yes, but I think you're not supposed to have said plan with an iPhone.

Does it include data?

• Reply 4 of 8

no it doesn't include data ...but still i did send before and in their contract , they write it clearly that i can send text messages with pictures.

• Reply 5 of 8

no it doesn't include data ...but still i did send before and in their contract , they write it clearly that i can send text messages with pictures.

There you go, then. It's not an official iPhone plan, so you shouldn't expect it to work unless your phone is unlocked. Sounds like the OS update would have undone the unlock, so you'll have to do it again (or perform a carrier update or something) to get it working.

• Reply 6 of 8

ok and how i am going to do that , the unlock thing or carrier , i mean what is the way to unlock it again , and thanks for your responses before

• Reply 7 of 8

ok and how i am going to do that , the unlock thing or carrier , i mean what is the way to unlock it again , and thanks for your responses before

Now I'm really curious about something. Did you buy your iPhone secondhand? 

• Reply 8 of 8

nope never ..my uncle did buy it brand new and had his own number on it and use it for many years ...and when he gave it to me ..we go to AT&T and have new number and start to use it normally until i did update the IOS and the problem come out.