Adobe plans to bring cloud-synced Lightroom-level photo editing to iOS

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24

Quote:

Originally Posted by os2baba View Post

I wasn't aware of it actually and after browsing their web site, I still can't quite make out whether I can use the Spyder scanner on iOS devices like I would on a monitor or whether the iOS calibration is software only like calibrating monitors visually on Windows.  If it uses the scanner, excellent.  I use the Eye-One display to calibrate my monitor and unfortunately, they have no hardware calibration either for Android devices or iOS devices - at least so far.

I use the Sypder 4 Pro setup on my iPad, MabBook Pro w/Retina display, and iPhone... It is pretty simple... Install a file, calibrate a screen.

• Reply 22 of 24

Quote:

Originally Posted by os2baba View Post

And there I was equating RAW to undeveloped film.  And thinking that I wouldn't need to shoot in RAW if I wanted black and white images.  Thanks for the education.

Here's another tip for you... SilverEfx Pro by Google/NIK (was just NIK a few months ago). I shoot RAW in color and convert to B&W... You know, dynamic range and all, stuff that shooting analog sometimes can't recover...

• Reply 23 of 24
    v5vv5v Posts: 1,357member

Quote:

Originally Posted by sapporobabyrtrns View Post

Here's another tip for you... SilverEfx Pro by Google/NIK (was just NIK a few months ago). I shoot RAW in color and convert to B&W... You know, dynamic range and all, stuff that shooting analog sometimes can't recover...

Don't current digital sensors capture more dynamic range than any film ever could?

• Reply 24 of 24

Quote:

Originally Posted by v5v View Post

Don't current digital sensors capture more dynamic range than any film ever could?

That was the point I was trying to make. I obviously did not accomplish my task... Regardless, the new digital cameras are able to retrieve detail that analog film cameras can recover... A good example are the auroras... Most people only see the hues of green, however there are darker colors, brown, purples, reds that are almost never seen. Reason being that they are not normally visible in light spectrum and unable to be captured by film. I shoot a Nikon D4, and was completely amazed to see colors that I had not seen before... As for os2bada's comment about B&W, I was trying to point out that film can't always capture the nuances and hidden detail that a digital camera can capture.