Deleted app continues to ask for update on the Mac App Store

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014

So, I downloaded the Twitter app on an old Apple ID account (which I can no longer use because it was compromised) so I deleted it and tried reinstalling it with my new account but it continues to show an update available. I tried removing my Macintosh HD from spotlight and re-adding it but that only removed the badge on the icon. I can't update or reinstall the app. What do I do?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    omegaomega Posts: 427member

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't SU use the receipts folder to determine if something can be updated. 

• Reply 2 of 4
    piandopiando Posts: 4member

No idea, any ideas on how to fix it?

• Reply 3 of 4
    omegaomega Posts: 427member

Delete the offending receipt?  By no means take this as gospel as I was loth to reply as I am not sure if I am correct.  Maybe move/rename the receipt and see what happens.

I am assuming that when you run SU it is looking through your receipts saying you have this app and that it needs to update it (even though you don't have it)

• Reply 4 of 4
    sealevelsealevel Posts: 1member

I have the same issue with angry birds!  How do I remove this. I dont like that app update continues to recognize an old roommates apple id.  I would like it gone. hellpppp:)