Apple seeds OS X 10.8.4 beta build 12E55, asks developers to focus on Windows File Sharing

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Apple on Friday released the latest OS X 10.8.4 beta to developers, dubbed build 12E55, though the release notes don't point to an imminent public release.

12E55

The new beta comes a little over one week after the last build 12E52 was seeded, which also contained no new information regarding the upcoming maintenance update.

The eighth beta build asks developers to focus on Wi-Fi, Graphics Drivers and Safari, areas that have been of interest since the first beta was issued in April. New to the list is Windows File Sharing, though further information on the feature was not supplied.

In a previous build, a line of code was discovered suggesting Apple is looking to support the 802.11ac Wi-Fi protocol in a future Mac refresh.

Developers can download the latest seed through Software Update or Apple's Developer webpage.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Upgrades on OSX or not but here's a great suggestion Apple. Hear me out.

Im an a new Apple user-been using this since 2011, however I've been finding it that its a challenge in some areas now. This is a big suggestion that perhaps Steve Jobs would have taken into consideration against the competitor "Windows 8" because they have maximized the potential of a tablet being able to utilize their software with Microsoft Office, and Adobe, etc. while Apple/Mac can't do this. Apple would need to bring this up (Not just a notch) but to the max to bring it's competitiveness back and enhance change.

I believe that this is the best suggestion because if you can't adopt Microsoft Office programs, I don't know what to say to Apple. It's either that or adopt a newly creative software as competitive as Microsoft into your own. If you already have a Word program or similar essential everyday useful program in works you need to develop this and incorporate it into Apple ASAP.

The reason is because Apple is so inventive it's revolutionized the world so how can you not revolutionize your own products and invent even more? Don't let the copy cats top that.

This is just from a customer/user point of view. Don't get me wrong because I love Apple and everything about it. Up your inventions more and you shall always be in the better half of the game.

Nalee ;)
  • Reply 2 of 4
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by prominent1 View Post

This is a big suggestion that perhaps Steve Jobs would have taken into consideration against the competitor "Windows 8" because they have maximized the potential of a tablet being able to utilize their software with Microsoft Office, and Adobe, etc. while Apple/Mac can't do this.

This is complete nonsense. Of course they can!

I believe that this is the best suggestion because if you can't adopt Microsoft Office programs, I don't know what to say to Apple.

That's because you don't understand how little Office actually means.

It's either that or adopt a newly creative software as competitive as Microsoft into your own. If you already have a Word program or similar essential everyday useful program in works you need to develop this and incorporate it into Apple ASAP.

I realize you're new, but… this isn't.

• Reply 3 of 4

Hi,

I really hope a remodeling of the system, especially an improvement in functionality in 10.9.

On the subject of office do not see it necessary.

I think apple should deploy its development means that this abandoned iwork suite.

Ciberdine.

Good choices for travel.

• Reply 4 of 4
    thewbthewb Posts: 79member

I'm glad to see Apple is focusing on Windows File Sharing, because it's been unreliable since Lion. That's when Apple replaced Samba with their own code because Samba shifted to GPLv3 which prevented Apple from using it.