Safari window resizing tremendously slow under Mountain Lion?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014

C2D 2.4GHz/Nvidia 320M/4GB RAM

Safari, even with just a single tab open, is really chunky resizing under ML. I can literally count the frames out while I resize, either with the window edges or the green button. I don't recall this under Snow Leopard. If I just have the new tab window open it resizes quickly, but even one tab (anything, youtube, BBC, you name it) will make it chunky as anything. 

Non-safari windows are fine. 

Windows on the same system is fast as anything. 

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    lemon bon bon.lemon bon bon. Posts: 2,173member

Tipoo, I thought it was just me going mad.

I have a top of the line iMac with 8 gigs of ram, 3.4 gig i7 and a 680MX, yet corner pulling a Safari window is insanely choppy.

What's going on?

Anyone?

(Yes, you're right, other windows are snappy...but Safari is chop city.)

Lemon Bon Bon.

• Reply 2 of 7
    tipootipoo Posts: 1,142member

Glad I'm not alone, sorry you're having the problem though. I can't remember if it was there with previous 10.8 releases, can you? 

• Reply 3 of 7

Huh, seems much better with 10.8.4, not completely fixed but it's like 80% where I would want it. 

• Reply 4 of 7
    velovelo Posts: 4member

I'll resurrect this. I have the top of the line MacBook Air and anytime I resize a Safari window it jumps sizes instead of doing it smoothly. Zero issues in Firefox. Anyone sort this out?

• Reply 5 of 7

Quote:

Originally Posted by velo View Post

I'll resurrect this. I have the top of the line MacBook Air and anytime I resize a Safari window it jumps sizes instead of doing it smoothly. Zero issues in Firefox. Anyone sort this out?

As I said the last update made it better, it's still not perfectly smooth but it's 70-80% there now. 

• Reply 6 of 7
    velovelo Posts: 4member

I have the latest update and the issue is still just as bad....

• Reply 7 of 7

Hmm, I don't think I did anything besides that, I may have removed all extensions, cleared out the cache and everything safari can clear, and then got my extensions back. As I said even the newest release isn't perfect though, just better.