Let's have one minute of silence for Tallest's last post.

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/IPdZmbj.jpg[/IMG]

For reference, here's how angry he made people around here.

This is username search:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/rKCR9h4.jpg[/IMG]

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7

TS is still an obtuse piece of flotsam.

• Reply 2 of 7
    gazoobeegazoobee Posts: 3,754member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

For reference, here's how angry he made people around here.

This is username search:

Nothing personal Ireland, but as jerky as he could be, I always found him more polite and more reasonable than yourself.   

• Reply 3 of 7
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    It's just a temporary ban that happens when infractions reach a certain point. Tallest Skil has been here a while and has contributed a lot to the forum, including things behind the scenes that are not always visible to everyone. It's never going to be the agenda to permanently remove members that are here to contribute to the forum, only members that are repeatedly destructive. The decision over who is constructive and who is destructive is subjective but the forum guidelines and bans come first to help stop abusive comments. If people continue to be abusive then permanent removal has to be considered but it has to be weighed up against a member's overall contribution. This is just an internet discussion board for people to talk about things related to Apple for entertainment. As long as members are in alignment with the overall purpose of the forum to engage in civilised and entertaining discussion about Apple then there's no reason for them to be permanently removed from it.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    geekdadgeekdad Posts: 1,131member
    I for one am very happy he is not around. Even if it is temporary.....I don't think there is a more polarizing person on this site. Some liked him but most do not.......just see who defends him and the bully tactics and nothing more needs to be said....IMHO....
  • Reply 5 of 7
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    To change the subject a bit since it's getting waaay out of hand. . .

Has anyone noticed Appleinsider stealing ideas from Android? Just look at the blatant thievery of Google Android Holo light theme in the above screen shots. Thin typeface displayed on a gray background, use of blue text, lots of negative space.. . . Couldn't be more obvious./s

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Mi2BW-8T8eY/TwNpdVemR_I/AAAAAAAABAc/-oOTaZ5M4_A/s400/Screenshot_2011-11-17-22-23-18.png
    http://www.androidlayout.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/preview-holo-light.png
  • Reply 6 of 7

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

It's just a temporary ban that happens when infractions reach a certain point. Tallest Skil has been here a while and has contributed a lot to the forum, including things behind the scenes that are not always visible to everyone. It's never going to be the agenda to permanently remove members that are here to contribute to the forum, only members that are repeatedly destructive. The decision over who is constructive and who is destructive is subjective but the forum guidelines and bans come first to help stop abusive comments. If people continue to be abusive then permanent removal has to be considered but it has to be weighed up against a member's overall contribution. This is just an internet discussion board for people to talk about things related to Apple for entertainment. As long as members are in alignment with the overall purpose of the forum to engage in civilised and entertaining discussion about Apple then there's no reason for them to be permanently removed from it.

Oh hey... he helped me Marvin, and Wizard predict the Mac Pro being the size of a cube... instead it turned out to be a cylinder... haha.

And he's contributed to a lot... like predicting Wifi AC on Macbook's, the resolution of the iPhone 5's screen, the discovery of Retina Macbook Pro's, iRadio,  the iPad Mini, all those things... but yeah, he was a bit short-tempered.

Next up: Retina iMacs and the iWatch. Apple TV with Wifi AC, and iOS 7 battery drain issues on 4S's with no clean installs.