Djay 2 launches for iPad, Nike+ Running gains fitness challenges

Posted:
in iPad edited January 2014
The successor to Algoriddim's Djay app hit the App Store on Thursday, while Nike's Nike + Running app got new tracking and bragging rights features in the form of Nike+ Challenges.

Djay 2 arrived in the iTunes App Store on Thursday, giving users the ability to turn their iPads into a full-featured DJ system. The new app has a redesigned user interface with multiple performance layers and a single deck mode. Those features allow for easy switching between turntables and waveforms, as well as the ability to focus on a single deck with larger controls.

Algoriddim's new app also includes the ability to build samples from one's own library or to control the built-in samples using the sampler and drum pads. Users can also visually identify songs and beats with the HD Waveforms interface feature.

Algoriddim's Djay 2 is available in the iTunes App Store at a temporary introductory price of $1 for the iPhone and $5 for the iPad edition.

Nike+ Running gets Nike+ Challenges

Nike this week rolled out an update to its Nike+Running app for iOS, introducing a social challenges feature that essentially allows users to run a race against their friends. The new feature is called Nike+ Challenges, and it includes tracking systems and achievements to help friends stay competitive with each other.

Nike+ Running version 4.3 integrates a leaderboard that lets friends track their progress and compare against each other. It also has a medal system, denoting which friends won which competitions and when. Users simply choose a distance and invite their Nike+ friends to compete. The app automatically tracks friends' progress. Additionally, group chats help users stay connected and motivated.

The new version of Nike+ Running is available as a free download in the App Store. The 49.6MB download requires an iPhone 3GS or higher, third-generation iPod touch or higher, or an iPad. It is compatible with iOS 5.0 or higher.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    ajbdtc826ajbdtc826 Posts: 190member
    Nike finally fixed their site for Nike+. Still not perfect but at least it's usable. I'm so glad I got the nano with the clip when it was still available, Apple really made a bad choice taking it off for the newer gens. That thing is perfect for any type of workout.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    sockrolidsockrolid Posts: 2,789member
    Who knew that Apple would disrupt the DJ industry?

"Siri - deejay this party."

(User pans his iPhone to show it the number, age, and gender(s) of people at the party, the size of the room, etc., and Siri does the mixing.)
  • Reply 3 of 3
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    The new version of Nike+ Running is available as a free download in the App Store.

New to me; I paid €4.99. I use this app when running. It's really good. I like it that you can set it with a (max of) 9 seconds before kicking off: that way I can set it and tug it safely into my pocket before running off.
    ajbdtc826 wrote: »
    Nike finally fixed their site for Nike+. Still not perfect but at least it's usable.

This is working as expected for quite some time now. Only in the very beginning the site sucked, but it now 'even' works on an iPad.
    I'm so glad I got the nano with the clip when it was still available, Apple really made a bad choice taking it off for the newer gens. That thing is perfect for any type of workout.

The Shuffle still has a clip, and is really cheap. Be sure to keep the clip side to your body: the clickwheel cannot endure a prolonged sweaty body contact.