G7...qc

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
>>what the...how did the other topic get closed.



Anyone have anymore input on q.c. It sounds pretty interesting, I've got no clue right now on how it works, but hope to learn more in the future.



I have done some reading though on newer CD based storage, pretty cool what they are doing there.



does anyone know why my thread whas closed? (it does say at the top that this is all speculation.)

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 11
    jasonppjasonpp Posts: 308member
    Not sure why it was closed.. maybe FEMA got wind of it and shut it down!



    <a href="http://www.research.ibm.com/quantuminfo/"; target="_blank">http://www.research.ibm.com/quantuminfo/</a>;



    here's a good place to start. IBM is a leading reseacher in this area.



    <a href="http://www.newscientist.com/news/news.jsp?id=ns999943"; target="_blank">http://www.newscientist.com/news/news.jsp?id=ns999943</a>;



    This is cool little newsbyte about the possibilites of quantum entanglement. Sounds like subspace to me...
  • Reply 2 of 11
    cdhostagecdhostage Posts: 1,038member
    I'm thinking new superweapon. Citizen of country A walks into armored containment dome of country B with a single entangled atom somewhere on his person. he doen'st necessarily know about it. Country A send enormous flow of random information = lots of jiggling of atom.



    Maybe put Atom A in a nuke test. Boom! Half of nuke's energy appears round the world in Country B.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    junkyard dawgjunkyard dawg Posts: 2,801member
    This just in! From CNN headline brainwashing center:



    G9 PPC debuts at MWSF 2069!



    In an effort to raise the stakes in competition with Intel's latest 4 Zilahertz CPU, Apple has announced the new G9 Powermac, powered by Motorola's new G9 PPC.



    Steve Jobs, Jr. says that this marks Apple's first Mac to break the 10 GHz barrier. He also ran tests that prove the G9 is actually faster than Intel's 4 Zilahertz CPU at running Mac OS X. Said Jobs, "See, the Mac runs OS X just fine, but it won't even boot on the PC! So the 10 GHz Mac runs OS X faster than anything from Wintel! Amazing!"



    Apple computer hopes to break out of their 0.2% marketshare by expanding to new markets. Currently, Apple only has a presence in the 2D video market, a market that other PC makers have long ago forgotten about as the world moved on to 3D video. "We're after the other 99.8% of computer users," said Jobs. He did not elaborate on how Apple would ever do this, since no modern applications have run on the antiquated Mac hardware since 2009, when the performance gap between PCs and Macs became so great that developers could no longer support new features on the Mac platform.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    derrick 61derrick 61 Posts: 178member
    [quote]Originally posted by Junkyard Dawg:

    <strong>This just in! From CNN headline brainwashing center:



    G9 PPC debuts at MWSF 2069!



    In an effort to raise the stakes in competition with Intel's latest 4 Zilahertz CPU, Apple has announced the new G9 Powermac, powered by Motorola's new G9 PPC.



    Steve Jobs, Jr. says that this marks Apple's first Mac to break the 10 GHz barrier. He also ran tests that prove the G9 is actually faster than Intel's 4 Zilahertz CPU at running Mac OS X. Said Jobs, "See, the Mac runs OS X just fine, but it won't even boot on the PC! So the 10 GHz Mac runs OS X faster than anything from Wintel! Amazing!"



    Apple computer hopes to break out of their 0.2% marketshare by expanding to new markets. Currently, Apple only has a presence in the 2D video market, a market that other PC makers have long ago forgotten about as the world moved on to 3D video. "We're after the other 99.8% of computer users," said Jobs. He did not elaborate on how Apple would ever do this, since no modern applications have run on the antiquated Mac hardware since 2009, when the performance gap between PCs and Macs became so great that developers could no longer support new features on the Mac platform.</strong><hr></blockquote>





    Here'h hoping Steve's announcement on 5-14 will lay this crap to rest!
  • Reply 5 of 11
    sc_marktsc_markt Posts: 1,393member
    [quote]Originally posted by Derrick 61:

    <strong>





    Here'h hoping Steve's announcement on 5-14 will lay this crap to rest!</strong><hr></blockquote>



    I agree...



    [ 05-06-2002: Message edited by: sc_markt ]</p>
  • Reply 6 of 11
    jasonppjasonpp Posts: 308member
    cdhostage : You're joking right? For the sake of schools everywhere I hope so...



    Nanotech will bring us the next superweapon. Imagine swarm of billions of poison robot bees, or a goop that passes through your skin and... ouch.



    quantum entanglement has led to advanced research in remote viewing, but this stuff is still very very advanced and very very secret. But theoretically there is no reason you won't be able to view any point in the universe from any other point with no connection, and all undetectable...
  • Reply 7 of 11
    cdhostagecdhostage Posts: 1,038member
    The problem with atomic electronic components is a biggie, or a smallie rather: electron tunneling. Ya see, electrons are not so much balls of matter as wave-functions of where that ball might be. So an electron traveling down a wire that is thinner than its wave amplitude can appear outside the wire, thus escaping it.



    Thus, someone suggested (Feynman maybe?) that we go back to Babbage for our computer ideas. Rod logic baby! Build a ocmputer in the mechanical sense with nanoscale components. There's been changing ideas as towhat those rods should be : diamond, carbyde, carbyne, nanotubes, wacky crystals...

    With good cooling and enough electricity, rod logic makes a great computer. I wonder if IBMs nano-enigineering team (the ones that made the Scanning Tunneling microscope picture of the letters "IBM") have made a coupole sinmple circuits of rod logic yet.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    jasonppjasonpp Posts: 308member
    Right on.



    I hope my acerbic humor didn't offend.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    willywalloowillywalloo Posts: 408member
    granted computers can eventually kill the world (as most things when in the wrong hands), I was more interested in new technologies that you think should or would or could be implemented in future Mac's (or PC's).



    --&gt;THIS ISN'T A WAR BETWEEN ANYWORLDS...(pc and mac be it) use the computer that is right for you. I just normally use the mac.



    What should be implemented in future computers?



    -WALLoo
  • Reply 10 of 11
    jasonppjasonpp Posts: 308member
    Every chip should have wireless built in. Every ram chip, graphics chip, system chip, bios, everything. Can't we use UWB radio bursts for lutra shortrange communication between chips? Make them as efficient as those pet ID chips so a computer will just be a tank of radio waves and a bunch of little cubes.



    still thining too farahead?



    How about Feild Programable Gate Array based wireless cards. That way it would reconfigure itself to behave as 802.11a/b/g Bluetooth, GPRS, EDGE, 3G, 1XCDMA and enable you to connect evertything to everything else cheaply (&lt;$1US)



    still to far?



    Ultra high resolution dispays and retenial scanning lasers. Drop the LCD/OLED/E-ink all together and use a tiny head mounted laser. Hook it up to Internt2 and you've got telepresence.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    junkyard dawgjunkyard dawg Posts: 2,801member
    NUCLEAR POWERED MACS!!! Stay on even in a power outage. Generate enough power to run all your peripherals. Reaktor is sealed in a 1" thick lead case so user is at no risk of exposure.



    Liquid cooling requires running water, but as a bonus, the CPU is also cooled in this manner. Finally Apple clocks the G4 up to a staggering 1.4 GHz!!
Sign In or Register to comment.