Magic Trackpad Stopped Working

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hi,

The other day my Apple Magic Trackpad stopped 'seeing' any inputs from my finger. It will still click on folders & buttons when depressed but doesn't recognise any touch inputs. I've replaced the batteries, deleted & reconnected it with Bluetooth, made sure it is a 'Favourite' & also tried it on a different User & different Macs. It's wierd as it hasn't moved from my desktop, let alone been dropped. I've also tried starting in Safe Mode so it shouldn't be a software issue either.

I've looked through all of the Support documents & even Googled it my nobody else seems to have had the same problem.

I'm using a 2011 iMac running Mountain Lion but have tried it on an earlier MacBook running Lion.

Please help as its over a year old & I cannot afford to replace it.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    marvfoxmarvfox Posts: 2,275member

I would bring it into an Apple store and let them look at it. The cost is free.

• Reply 2 of 7
    That is what I want to do but I suffer from a debilitating back problem & the nearest Apple Store is 40+ miles away.
  • Reply 3 of 7

Call this tel # in Singapore and see what they can do for you.1-800-1441-0234 and ask for a supervisor when the tech gets on. Good Luck. I have a MTP also.

• Reply 4 of 7

Did you ever call this tel#?

• Reply 5 of 7
    No, I'm in UK so calling Singapore would be a bit expensive. Thanks anyway.
  • Reply 6 of 7

That is a toll free number I gave you.Try it is free.

• Reply 7 of 7
    mengmeng Posts: 1member