Misfit Shine - Personal Activity Tracker

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014


image


 


image


 


Misfit Wearables has launched a Personal Activity Tracker made of Aircraft grade Aluminum that is waterproof and designed in partnership with one of Apple's previous CEO's, John Sculley in San Francisco. The device uses Bluetooth to transmit data to an iOS App called Shine, functions as a clock, monitors your sleep, tracks your steps, bike pedal rotations, and swim strokes, and can be used as a necklace, a wrist watch, or connected to parts of clothing or sportswear. The device is on sale for 99 dollars with a sports band costing you an extra 20 dollars if you choose to buy one.

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 12
    macroninmacronin Posts: 1,174member


    And this is Future Apple Hardware how…?!?

  • Reply 2 of 12
    macronin wrote: »
    And this is Future Apple Hardware how…?!?
    Because it's being sold at Apple's website soon.
  • Reply 3 of 12
    macroninmacronin Posts: 1,174member

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by darkdefender View Post





    Because it's being sold at Apple's website soon.


    They sell plenty of THIRD-PARTY products on the Apple Store, should we start talking about any of the new products those companies might be putting out in a forum titled Future APPLE Hardware…?!?


     


    I think not…


     


    The product you are going on about is NOT an Apple product, therefore it is NOT Future APPLE Hardware…


     


    At BEST, this is something that should go in either the iPhone or iPad forums…


     


    Future Apple Hardware is pretty much the APPLE line of laptops, desktops, all-in-ones, monitors, etc. …

  • Reply 4 of 12
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,399member
    macronin wrote: »
    They sell plenty of THIRD-PARTY products on the Apple Store, should we start talking about any of the new products those companies might be putting out in a forum titled Future APPLE Hardware…?!?

    I think not…

    The product you are going on about is NOT an Apple product, therefore it is NOT Future APPLE Hardware…

    At BEST, this is something that should go in either the iPhone or iPad forums…

    Future Apple Hardware is pretty much the APPLE line of laptops, desktops, all-in-ones, monitors, etc. …

    Reads like advertising to me.
  • Reply 5 of 12

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by MacRonin View Post


    They sell plenty of THIRD-PARTY products on the Apple Store, should we start talking about any of the new products those companies might be putting out in a forum titled Future APPLE Hardware…?!?


     


    I think not…


     


    The product you are going on about is NOT an Apple product, therefore it is NOT Future APPLE Hardware…


     


    At BEST, this is something that should go in either the iPhone or iPad forums…


     


    Future Apple Hardware is pretty much the APPLE line of laptops, desktops, all-in-ones, monitors, etc. …



    Oh well I'm sorry for trying to tell you about a product that I thought was cool. You could have ignored it like a pop up ad. Just because I made a post talking about a product not specifically designed by Apple that is being sold by Apple doesn't make it not affiliated with Apple. The same reason that Apple sells Nike Fuel Bands is because Tim is on Nike's board. You should consider third parties as well. Don't give Apple all the credit. The iPhone itself is made of components from lots of companies, yet you don't take to notice other people's work inside because it's branded with an Apple logo on the outside. Think before you speak.

  • Reply 6 of 12
    macroninmacronin Posts: 1,174member

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by darkdefender View Post


    Oh well I'm sorry for trying to tell you about a product that I thought was cool. You could have ignored it like a pop up ad. Just because I made a post talking about a product not specifically designed by Apple that is being sold by Apple doesn't make it not affiliated with Apple. The same reason that Apple sells Nike Fuel Bands is because Tim is on Nike's board. You should consider third parties as well. Don't give Apple all the credit. The iPhone itself is made of components from lots of companies, yet you don't take to notice other people's work inside because it's branded with an Apple logo on the outside. Think before you speak.



    How about you think before you post, specifically before you post in the WRONG sub-forum…?!?


     


    The Nike Fuel Band is a bad example, as it is NOT an Apple product, no matter that Tim Cook may be on the Nike board of directors… I am not even going to get into an argument about Tim Cook being on the Nike board as the reason Apple sells it on their online store… They more than likely sell it because it is a THIRD-PARTY accessory that provides an added value/usage to the iOS line of mobile hardware products, nothing more than that…!


     


    Using the fact that the iPhone is assembled from components made by other companies is also a bad example. It may be a collection of 'other peoples parts', but when it comes to the final product, it is STILL and Apple product…


     


    Quit trying to rationalize you way out of the fact that you made a poor decision on where to post about a THIRD-PARTY product designed to work with Apple iOS devices; this forum is for speculation on FUTURE APPLE HARDWARE…

  • Reply 7 of 12
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,399member
    Okay, [I]that's[/I] over the top. Could've just hit Report and asked Marvin to shift the thread over to Third-Party Products.
  • Reply 8 of 12
    macroninmacronin Posts: 1,174member

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post



    Okay, that's over the top. Could've just hit Report and asked Marvin to shift the thread over to Third-Party Products.


    Are you referencing me here?


     


    What is over the top…? My telling him to think before he posts, in response to his telling me to think before I speak…?!?

  • Reply 9 of 12
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,399member
    macronin wrote: »
    Are you referencing me here?

    What is over the top…? My telling him to think before he posts, in response to his telling me to think before I speak…?!?

    Eh, both. There's a time for emotion, but putting something in the wrong subforum is hardly it. *shrug*
  • Reply 10 of 12
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 14,549moderator
    It's in the right forum, there isn't a dedicated 3rd party subsection for future hardware. The description for Future Apple Hardware is:

    "Discussion and speculation about future Apple and Third-Party hardware."
  • Reply 11 of 12
    macroninmacronin Posts: 1,174member

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post



    It's in the right forum, there isn't a dedicated 3rd party subsection for future hardware. The description for Future Apple Hardware is:



    "Discussion and speculation about future Apple and Third-Party hardware."


    Okay, my bad…! I never realized that this forum was also for Third-Party hardware…


     


    In my own defense, the description Marvin quotes is on the main forum page, I always just go straight to the sub-forum from my 'Top Sites' collection in Safari…


     


    My apologies to the OP for my knee-jerk behavior…!

  • Reply 12 of 12


    Woow brilliant i appreciate your thinking

Sign In or Register to comment.