Buy a cMBP now or wait for October refresh?
Need to replace my 2008 MBP, and am close to pulling the trigger on a 13' MBP. While I am not a power user (mostly WP, internet, pictures and movies), I don't think the Air will meet my needs due to lack of storage capacity, and portability is not a huge draw for me.That said, I do not feel the need to spend the extra $ on a retina MBP, as I do not feel I need it.
My conundrum is whether to jump on purchasing the cMBP now, with some discounts already available, or to wait until the introduction of the new OS and Haswell (I understand it offers greatly improved battery life). My fear with regards to waiting is that Apple will discontinue the cMBP, and that the 13' cMBP I am currently looking at will no longer be available.
I am looking for your thoughts/opinions on the following:
Is Apple likely to discontinue the cMBP? If so, how long are older models typically available through Apple?
If not, is it likely to be updated with Haswell, and is that worth waiting for?